Do you really believe the league is over...?

Do we rest players in the league if we win it early?
Don't we have a duty to put best side available if were playing relegation threatened teams?
Simple answer
Question 1 - Yes, Chumps league is No1 target for the owners.
Question 2 - Nope but it will give the press some more negative shit to write about us. Remember as well that there is no such thing at city as a "first choice 11" so as long as we put out 11 players then that should be fine.

If the rags draw against Chelsea in next game we would be 15pts clear + GD so effectively 16pts which is 6 games they would have 10 to play , this scenario applies to all their remaining games they draw 1 of them and we would need to win 5 of out last 11 games.

Do we rest players in the league if we win it early?
Don't we have a duty to put best side available if were playing relegation threatened teams?

If you take Pep at his word when he says his biggest mistake was resting players when Bayern won the league early and losing momentum then no we wont be resting players, they would be rotated to try and keep them fresh , but not mass resting.

Personally think it would be better not to win it before the derby. There is often an after the lord mayor's show feel to a game after a victory as the pressure is off. Much better to need something from that game to ensure it does not detract from the title win days earlier by the media yakking endlessly about Mourinho's mastermind tactics beating the so called champions.

I don't see it being won before or even in the derby happily as we have tough games and likely cancellations coming up and if United mess up it will be Liverpool we are counting down against.

So I suspect all this talk of the derby is irrelevant and it will be just after that.

No offence but the idea it would be better not to win it before the Derby is nonsense.

We need to keep getting results just as we have throughout the season and try and get the job done a.s.a.p.

If we win the league early and are still in other competitions, the issue of keeping performances up will come into play but that is a much better problem to have then needing three points from every league game.

Pep will hopefully have learnt something from winning the league early with Bayern and having them go off the boil. However, we need to get there first and I am staunchly in the one game at a time and it ain't over 'til its over club. That's not me being negative but I have no time for (allowing a whiff of) complacency or misplaced triumphalism.

We may well not need to win many more games to clinch the title but let's get them won. Let's do something unheard of for City and beat Arsenal twice in one week in London. But, first, let's rack up some away goals in Basel...

If you take Pep at his word when he says his biggest mistake was resting players when Bayern won the league early and losing momentum then no we wont be resting players, they would be rotated to try and keep them fresh , but not mass resting.

Yeah, just alluded to this. Pep won't want the team to take their foot off the gas until there is nothing left to play for.

Simple answer
Question 1 - Yes, Chumps league is No1 target for the owners.
Question 2 - Nope but it will give the press some more negative shit to write about us. Remember as well that there is no such thing at city as a "first choice 11" so as long as we put out 11 players then that should be fine.

I see it as a win-win.
Yes rest and rotate players, we're in 4 competitions. Plenty of game time for everyone.
Opportunities to rest and rotate the squad should mean more academy and young lads getting a chance. Excited to see Foden & Brahim get game time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.