Veganism

Haha very much this.

Its a hipster choice, a big fat look at meeeeeeeeeeeeeee and how cool and trendy i am.

Another thing to scream at the world through their social media accounts ;-)

How many vegans do you know first hand?

I know quite a few & they come from a total cross section of society, and different age groups, most are anything but hipsters. All the ones that I know believe it is the best thing to do for the animals, environment & their own health. The numbers are growing every day.

The ones I know are mostly people who will speak up against something that they see as causing unjustified suffering, rather than going with what is currently the "norm" because they are scared of what the bigger group say.

You said yesterday that you were against animal cruelty. Try watching this with the sound on, which is standard practice in the UK & tell me if you think this is cruelty or not?

Last edited:

I know quite a few & they come from a total cross section of society, and different age groups, most are anything but hipsters. All the ones that I know believe it is the best thing to do for the animals, environment & their own health. The numbers are growing every day.

The ones I know are mostly people who will speak up against something that they see as causing unjustfied suffering, rather than going with what is currently the "norm" because they are scared of what the bigger group say.

You said yesterday that you were against animal cruelty. Try watching this with the sound on, which is standard practice in the UK & tell me if you think this is cruelty or not?

5250371869_7dc4977566_z.jpg

The ones I know are mostly people who will speak up against something that they see as causing unjustified suffering, rather than going with what is currently the "norm" because they are scared of what the bigger group say.

If I hadn't seen that with my own eyes id have thought it was pure porkies.

I find it quite distasteful that some Vegans openly equate animal slaughter to human genocide. Using the term "gas chamber" is clearly a reference to the Holocaust and if you think I'm being overly sensitive, have a look at the comments on the Youtube page where that video is hosted. Mellow Joe has previously referenced the Holocaust in relation to walking past a butchers and now this.

I find it quite distasteful that some Vegans openly equate animal slaughter to human genocide. Using the term "gas chamber" is clearly a reference to the Holocaust and if you think I'm being overly sensitive, have a look at the comments on the Youtube page where that video is hosted. Mellow Joe has previously referenced the Holocaust in relation to walking past a butchers and now this.

I think the title of the video describes what it is, it is footage of pigs going into a gas chamber. The video was posted in reponse to one person saying animals aren't capable of feeling pain & another saying that they were against animal cruelty. My question of the footage is does it look like the pigs are suffering & in pain on the video & is their treatment cruel do you think? I haven't read all of the many comments on the youtube page, to check what people have written & wasn't trying to make any kind of holocaust comparison.

I haven't used the term, but on your point about referencing the word holocaust. The word actually means: "destruction or slaughter on a mass scale", such as in the term nuclear holocaust. A Jewish activist called Gary Yourofsky actually came up with the term "animal holocaust" & Israel now has the most vegans per capita in the world, largely as a resut of Yourofsky's activism there. That may be where some people get the term from, however I don't refer to this myself.

Do you find the actual footage distasteful also or is it just the use of language in the comments that upsets you?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.