Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet the BBC always turn the effects mic's up for Dippers games at Clanfield.

Often thought that with all the new audio and video effects it would surely be easy to compensate for empty seats, sound not up to scratch or any other problems they foresee in selling their product to the global audience.

Even in the early days of TV the black and white I love Lucy and Sergeant Bilko used canned laughter.

Graphics effects dominate the new spectacular movies so get some empty seats filled in with pseudo spectaters and noise to suit if it matters that much.

Well if you put half the people on here, in charge of editing, doing the sound, talking on radio or writing about Manchester Utd, how many of them would try to fuck them over by one means or another ? And then if their employers were actively trying to sell their product to the fanbase of Utd, Liverpool as well, what is to deter them from stitching up City & promoting those clubs ?

Many of the people working on City, tv radio press whatever, don't like us, & many will be fans of Manchester Utd. Then we have the Liverpool, Arsenal fans etc.

It's human nature. I don't get why some people on here, still don't accept how, quite obviously, people are going to behave like that, if they can.

Sometimes it could just be an accident, or coinicidence, or just that he person doesn't give a fuck, because it's us. But some of it will certainly be deliberate.

Watch any game from Anfield and you can hear the stadium announcer (the one who sounds like Ringo on Thomas the tank engine) as clear as day, watch any of our games and I don’t remember ever hearing a stadium announcer.

They must have very selective mikes at different grounds, volume turned up or down?

Watching every game from here in Sydney live on TV, there are a few things that are recurring themes with commentators
1. There will ALWAYS be a comment in the first ten minutes about how quiet it is at the Etihad. “I’ve never seen it so quiet..”
2. There will always be a comment on an away fans chant, but never a City chant. When City play away, you can hear the City fans chanting all through the game, but the commentators NEVER make a comment on it.
3.if City haven’t scored after 20 minutes “The crowd are getting restless”
4. There will be a comment, usually from Jim Beglin about how “The crowd are sitting back saying come on we expect to be entertained”

I’m sure there are plenty more -thst was just off the top of my head!

Watching every game from here in Sydney live on TV, there are a few things that are recurring themes with commentators
1. There will ALWAYS be a comment in the first ten minutes about how quiet it is at the Etihad. “I’ve never seen it so quiet..”
2. There will always be a comment on an away fans chant, but never a City chant. When City play away, you can hear the City fans chanting all through the game, but the commentators NEVER make a comment on it.
3.if City haven’t scored after 20 minutes “The crowd are getting restless”
4. There will be a comment, usually from Jim Beglin about how “The crowd are sitting back saying come on we expect to be entertained”

I’m sure there are plenty more -thst was just off the top of my head!
we get the same usually from mcpointy and robbie fucking savage on CL nights,scholes when he is on,we get compared to the special atmosphere under the lights at the dippers and raags,that is said before kick off along with how much the team costs usually as a total and individual amounts,rags get mentioned usually several times early on in the game,BT are so predictable and i play a sort of mental bingo to see how many they say lol

Some matches commentary is done from a TV studio with them watching the same feed we do. Just watch the sky coverage they only speak to commentators pre match if they are actually in the stadium.

The Leicester game you couldn't hear any atmosphere. I was getting stick from fucking Notts County fans in the pub about a shit atmosphere. Yet last night for the chavs game you even heard Moses calling the lino a fucking idiot for giving a free kick. Followed by the hastily apologetic commentators.

I have to say watching on Saturday night you could see the crowd clapping and being active but the noise was so faint. I’m not normally a conspiracy theorist but I have a theory that someone wants to make us look more quiet than we are. Neville constantly comments about it but I have seen him commentate at places like Anfield and it has been like a morgue and no mention of lack of atmosphere. Then the moment there is some singing they will mention it. Just seems really strange to me and I have no idea why someone would do it. It’s definitely happening though.

The last two games on Sky at the Etihad it's been very noticeable from early in the game how quiet the crowd noise is, the whole sound mix was very muted like the commentators were in a phone box. I thought it might just be my stream but evidently not. Someone should contact Sky and ask if there's a technical reason for it

Watch any game from Anfield and you can hear the stadium announcer (the one who sounds like Ringo on Thomas the tank engine) as clear as day, watch any of our games and I don’t remember ever hearing a stadium announcer.

You can hear him after every goal and announcing the attendance

Well if you put half the people on here, in charge of editing, doing the sound, talking on radio or writing about Manchester Utd, how many of them would try to fuck them over by one means or another ? And then if their employers were actively trying to sell their product to the fanbase of Utd, Liverpool as well, what is to deter them from stitching up City & promoting those clubs ?

Many of the people working on City, tv radio press whatever, don't like us, & many will be fans of Manchester Utd. Then we have the Liverpool, Arsenal fans etc.

It's human nature. I don't get why some people on here, still don't accept how, quite obviously, people are going to behave like that, if they can.

Sometimes it could just be an accident, or coinicidence, or just that he person doesn't give a fuck, because it's us. But some of it will certainly be deliberate.

Without doubt if given the opportunity most football fans would take the piss. I was told a tale in the 70's that before a big game up in Scotland for Rangers or Celtic (not sure which one now) when the tv went live to broadcast the game a picture of the pope was put up on the screen.
I'm sure the perpetrator was sacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.