Kyle Walker - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with Micah, which doesn't mean Walker's no good - Micah was a very effective defender in his prime.

And I thought Walker did a great job chasing down that ball and helping to create a goal yesterday.

Micah is one of the most overrated players we’ve had in the last ten years. He was a strong and physical player with absolutely zero brain or technical ability. Walker said absolutely streets ahead of him.

Micah is one of the most overrated players we’ve had in the last ten years. He was a strong and physical player with absolutely zero brain or technical ability. Walker said absolutely streets ahead of him.
I agree. Sad he's regressed so badly. Still only 29 but he's stealing a living nowadays.

Agreed, what we all loved about Micah was his fearless attitude, he'd throw his body on the line at every moment but when it came to playing actual football, he just wasn't anywhere near what we required, even back then.

Walker's sheer unselfishness is massive for us. He will make run after run, knowing he won't receive the ball just to open up space for other players.

How has Micah being compared to Walker? Micah is great with overlaps but on deadball and takeon situations, Walker has a better probability of beating his man and running away with the ball. Micah on the other hand would lose half of his takeons, and if he was in a sprint the possibility of his trademark dolphin leap becomes higher.

Micah served an influential purpose in the team and with the players he were with then, but this Pep team is made for Walker whose close control of the ball is top class.

Walker is a far superior player than Micah ever was. I loved Micah, but I am not going to be ignorant about his quality in comparison to Walker's.

Walker is what we hoped Micah would become.

Walker is Richards without the injury problems imo. Both were/are quick, strong, good going forward, good tacklers, dominate aerially, not the best technically and susceptible to lapses in concentration but on the whole, damn good fullbacks.

Richards was superb in 11/12 then the almost season long injury in 12/13 derailed his career, he came back injury prone(gammy knee) and in his absence Zab had excelled and made the spot his own. Walkers not what we hoped Richards would be but what he was before the injuries.

Walker's absolutely an upgrade on Richards, but let's not act like Richards was so bad. His attacking play in the 11/12 season was incredible and honestly better than anything Zabaleta achieved as an attacker for us. Aguero's first ever goal for us was an example of Richards's ability to attack, plus he was an immense aerial threat.

Walker is Richards without the injury problems imo. Both were/are quick, strong, good going forward, good tacklers, dominate aerially, not the best technically and susceptible to lapses in concentration but on the whole, damn good fullbacks.

Richards was superb in 11/12 then the almost season long injury in 12/13 derailed his career, he came back injury prone(gammy knee) and in his absence Zab had excelled and made the spot his own. Walkers not what we hoped Richards would be but what he was before the injuries.

This! Micah was one of our best performers that wonderful 11/12 season. It wasn't until that injury that Zaba was the nailed one #1 RB, before that, Micah was amazing. And he was much better going forward than some on here are giving him credit for.

I think Walker is a fantastic player now but we can go find the threads when Walker was being picked over Micah for the National squad and the reactions to that say it all.

Probably nothing in this at all but I’ve had a feeling that Walker was (excuse the poor wording) ‘being held back’ and asked to do the basics. After watching the game back a few times it seemed like he was unlocked and allowed more freedom to make runs and dictate play. I thought he shined and looked a huge threat going forward.

If I’m gonna argue against myself here I’d say you dont want Walker making key decisions in final third when you have Kevin/dave/Sane so if it’s been by design then rightly so?

Should probably just shut up and just trust this pep fucker eh? ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.