FC Basel V Manchester City - Post-Match Thread

Delph and VK looked rusty. Otherwise we were great. We squandered a few but still scored 4, lucky not to concede penalty.
A good platform to rest a few key players in the home leg.

I must be honest and say what a wonderful result, but I have seen us play better away.Thats taking nothing away form a great performance,but at times we became a bit sloppy and we could have been punished.
However,we also were guilty of some poor finishing and bad final passing,but WOW as a team performance that was a wonderful result.[/QUOT

It'll be fucking empty.

We could all find small faults if we wanted, but Compared to this time last year we've improved all over the pitch, especially defence, and the team spirit has never been higher. Other CL teams will dread drawing us in the next round. We should fear no one as we can beat anyone in top gear.
Yes.I wasn1`t trying to be negative in my thoughts,just merely saying that with a bit more thoughtfulness at times we really could have seen them off 0 -5 or even 0-6,but then at times I`m too much of a perfectionist.
As you say the team spirit is wonderful and that was confirmed by Vinnie in his match day analysis.

Seems there's zero discussion.

Is Kompany rusty or finished. His partnership with Otta or the progression towards Stones and Laporte. Is Mendy enough without quality backup as Delph isn't up to it.

These are the sorts of interesting discussions that could be had when talking about trying to improve after tonights performance when anybody can see that Basel could easily have had three goals. Instead it ends up a farcical discussion.

Ah well.

Why have a discussion with someone who has already made up his mind that our defense is shite because we "almost" gave up goals in a Champions League match we won away FOUR TO FUCKING NIL?

See, the way it works is, the team that scores the most goals in an actual match -- not the hypothetical one you appear to want to discuss -- wins.

If you want to start a Post-Hypothetical-Match-I-Made-Up-In-My-Head Where-City-Lose-To-Basel thread, be my guest. My prediction: it'll have one post in it.

Does make you wonder how United lost to them doesn't it? Because we've just smashed them while barely getting out of third gear, while using the game as a training excerise for players returning from injury. Shame they didn't get Shaktar in this round so we could see how it would have gone if the tides were turned

Sergio's. It was like Sergio from 4 years ago, he used to regularly bang one in the corner from 20yards. Showed how on form he is right now

I so enjoyed the situation in my local pub tonight. The Rag fans were sat right in front of the screens to watch the City game. How bizarrre? I first thought that they were hoping for a City loss, however they stayed right until the end. Obviously they were mesmerised by exquisite football. How the tide has turned - karma is a beautiful thing!

Yes.I wasn1`t trying to be negative in my thoughts,just merely saying that with a bit more thoughtfulness at times we really could have seen them off 0 -5 or even 0-6,but then at times I`m too much of a perfectionist.
As you say the team spirit is wonderful and that was confirmed by Vinnie in his match day analysis.
It seems @80s Shorts, @BigOscar, I, and a few others warmed up the crowd for you—we have been making the same point but didn’t get the same reception.

It’s all in the delivery and you’ve got it. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.