FC Basel V Manchester City - Post-Match Thread

q3iCWqE.jpg
I am not sure why posters are getting so much flack for being happy with the result, and thinking we generally did well for large parts of the match, but feeling we were very sloppy toward at the end and would have been punished against a better team.

I know where I would put my money for how Pep feels about it, and it isn’t “right lads, well done, nothing to really improve on from that as we put them to the sword in the first half, no harm, no foul”.

I'm ready for coming off bluemoon we won 4-0 and people are still finding fault, it's a joke

But we wouldn't play like that against a better team would we you ninny, you play the team that's in front of you. You do understand that different levels of opposition require different levels of effort? If we were playing Rochdale we'd probably not concentrate quite as hard as if we were playing Barcalona?

I confidently predict that when we reach the next round we'll probably be playing against a better side than Basel, in which case we'll play harder better.

It's like a mental illness. People, we are witnessing the best football any of us have ever seen, for fuck sake enjoy it...it's like complaining about a lottery win because it wasn't a fucking rollover.

Well said that man, especially that last bit lol

We didn't play any of those sides did we?

What makes you think we play that way against a better side?

Do you not see how utterly pointless your remark that i quoted is?

We never got out of 2nd gear because we didn't need to and we played Delph and Vinny because we knew the standard of the opposition tonight allowed us to.

Dont you see that?
Spot on.
Bit harsh on Delph though.

Some try way too hard on here after a game pmsl.

That's rather ironic coming from you. Instead of juvenile meaningless barbs, why not engage your brain and come up with a counter argument if you disagree with a reasoned
We didn't play any of those sides did we?

What makes you think we play that way against a better side?

Do you not see how utterly pointless your remark that i quoted is?

We never got out of 2nd gear because we didn't need to and we played Delph and Vinny because we knew the standard of the opposition tonight allowed us to.

Dont you see that?

The remark you quoted is pointless in isolation because the context of it was in relation to our defence playing against the better teams in the competition and you chose to point score by quoting it in isolation.

Are you hard of thinking ?

I am not sure why posters are getting so much flack for being happy with the result, and thinking we generally did well for large parts of the match, but feeling we were very sloppy toward at the end and would have been punished against a better team.

I know where I would put my money for how Pep feels about it, and it isn’t “right lads, well done, nothing to really improve on from that as we put them to the sword in the first half, no harm, no foul”.

The gif was in response to his "we gifted them 3 goals" quip but carry on feeling sorry for him lol

Why quote that sentence in isolation and be a dick. It was a good result as I said.

My opinion is that our defence was poor and we will be punished and out if they play to that standard against the likes of PSG Barca Bayern and Real As I said in the rest of the post that you didn't quote.

If you can't see that then you're not worth discussing it with.

So anyone who doesn't agree with you, you're not talking too. Where's that handbag emoji.

Please tell me you didn’t really mean that, “we gifted them 3 goals, they just fucked them up”?

Fuck me, I’ve read some nonsense over the years on here but that’s an absolute classic!
Well I'm specifically referring to the guy getting 20 yards clear through on goal from an aimless ball over the top, where he decided to inexplicably poke it first time harmlessly. That was a gift that he chose not to take. Then Nico seemingly getting bored and deciding to just foul there guy in the box instead of just defend it properly. Another gift, but the referee didn't give it. Then the third would be the unmarked far post header from about 6 yards that the guy put harmlessly wide, all coming from the scraps of another fairly aimless long ball over the top that we just didn't deal with. I'd back most Championship sides to bury those chances (as Bristol did)

Defensively that was as poor as we've been this season in my opinion, regardless of them not taking their chances. I don't think we've let teams get chances as easily as we did today, without them coming up with good play or really putting us under pressure

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.