Is it time to get a big target man?

Always thought Negredo was an excellent cultured target man (who I could see thriving under Pep) however no, we don't need a target man.

Llorente has only cost them lot £12m. Not a bad price for a squad player, a player who can offer more than your typical English target man to be fair and considering Spurs's strict wage structure and only signing a two year deal, he must not be on totally unrealistic wages either. Fully motivated Llorente isn't a bad player to have in the squad.
I can't see anyone being happy to hang around on the sub's bench for most of the season.
And I can already hear fans' comments when it's the 80th minute, we bring on someone like Llorente, and he doesn't score a header from a corner in the 90th minute.
Have we not learnt from Bony? Why not, you know, just continue the approach that has allowed us to totally dominate the league in a record breaking fashion this season?

We are a team of midgets who overcome lack of inches with skill and flair -until it fails occasionally at which point we are screwed for a Plan B.

We have scored more late winners than anyone in the league. If this plan B bollocks actually worked Mourinho would be 16 points clear with that big lump on shit up front and A&E.

The big dopey defenders most of the league have would absolutely love us to throw in the towel with 5-10 minutes left and bring on a big target man, so they can do exactly what they’re good at and just stand in the box heading the ball away time and time again.

We’ve got the late winners by keeping defenders moving and thinking, it doesn’t work 100% of the time but it’s been far more effective and efficient than any other tactic as the league tables in England and Spain prove.

While Pep is the coach, there will be no stereotypical big man to lump & dump it into the box. A mobile big forward is a different story.

However I remarked on this last season, City under Pep are typically lethal from deep and out wide - they are weakest centrally, particularly in that final third. They need someone who can dribble into the box or time their runs in a low block like a David Villa. The height preoccupation is an exercise in futility, you lot should let go of that fantasy - not under Pep

I trust pep 100% to win us games and trophies and buy players, 56 now and enjoying watch my team play fantastic football.
To answer the question no I don' t see this happening under pep.

We are a team of midgets who overcome lack of inches with skill and flair -until it fails occasionally at which point we are screwed for a Plan B.
How many times have we needed plan b, and how much is it worth paying for this plan b and giving a squad place to for these few occasions.

While Pep is the coach, there will be no stereotypical big man to lump & dump it into the box. A mobile big forward is a different story.

However I remarked on this last season, City under Pep are typically lethal from deep and out wide - they are weakest centrally, particularly in that final third. They need someone who can dribble into the box or time their runs in a low block like a David Villa. The height preoccupation is an exercise in futility, you lot should let go of that fantasy - not under Pep

I know, right? I never want to see a target man at City. For starters, he would barely get game time. I would like Kane but it has nothing to do with being a target man.

We have scored more late winners than anyone in the league. If this plan B bollocks actually worked Mourinho would be 16 points clear with that big lump on shit up front and A&E.

The big dopey defenders most of the league have would absolutely love us to throw in the towel with 5-10 minutes left and bring on a big target man, so they can do exactly what they’re good at and just stand in the box heading the ball away time and time again.

We’ve got the late winners by keeping defenders moving and thinking, it doesn’t work 100% of the time but it’s been far more effective and efficient than any other tactic as the league tables in England and Spain prove.

Perfect summation really.

Like many of the stupid cliched criticisms that get thrown at Pep, all the evidence anyone needs to completely debunk the "need for a plan B" is in the results. Half a dozen late winners this season compared to nowt for the team with 4 big lumps to launch the ball to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.