Is it time to get a big target man?

It's an extra dimension we wouldn't use.

If there is a 6 footer kicking about who is excellent with the ball at his feet, great at link up play, lethal in the air, and also happy to play 10 minutes every few games then lets go for it.
Except for the last bit, you've described Van Basten... there are no top tall strikers of that kind nowadays, even Lewa is level below.

I'm sure if there was a world class striker out there who could play in our system and also happened to be great in the air, we would use that aerial threat on occasion, in the same way that we sometimes use Ederson's long ball ability. But there's a difference between that and buying a player precisely because he's a big target man.

My thoughts on originally posting this thread were if we have sane and sterling provinding the width, including walker / mendy, then it wouldn't do any harm having a tall striker for the teams that sit back. It's not our game plan but it would be a 80minute option. Obviously I know not many atackers want to be the 80 minute option but it would be good to have one, and dzeko didn't do too bad as the "super sub".

I'd like to think our options post the 80th minute in the last 3 games worked out ok :-).
It's just not the style we'll ever play with our current management set-up - that's from Boardroom down.
I'd kinda like someone to provide Edins stats when he was scoring for us - I'll bet his headers weren't his main contribution.
So it's a NO for me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.