Left footers

I'm all left foot and it's like a fucking wand. My nickname at school was Barnsey (and still is to some), this was because I was at high school around the time John Barnes was ripping defences a new one, so I adopted his surname off my mates because of my left footed prowess at dinner times, on the yard playing togger with a tenny ball. When I left in 5th year my school shirt was given the number 10 on the back in marker pen, as that was John Barnes' number at Liverpool at the time.

My eldest girl is a right pegger and I keep trying to educate her on the fact the left footed footballers are vastly more cultured than right footed footballers.

Paul Simpson was a prime example of left footed brilliance.

In theory the best footballer would be two footed, and I think the only one on our books who has been described in that way is.....Pep Guardiola!

I think the left/right thing can get quite complicated. I didn’t get beyond school sports and there I was completely right footed at football, but jumped off my left foot in athletics. Similar oddities with hands.

In theory the best footballer would be two footed, and I think the only one on our books who has been described in that way is.....Pep Guardiola!

I think the left/right thing can get quite complicated. I didn’t get beyond school sports and there I was completely right footed at football, but jumped off my left foot in athletics. Similar oddities with hands.
De Bruyne and Aguero are about as close as you can get to two footed without being ambidextrous.

I might be wrong, but apparently, Clichy was "originally" right footed, but his dad (or someone close) made him train using only his left....I think he went a little too far though!

We've had some phenomenal lefties. DaMarcus Beasley, Albert Riera and Kiki Musampa all immediately come to mind. And who can forget Nery Castillo. Great players :)

Albert Riera had to have been the slowest winger we’ve ever had. It was almost painful to watch him try yake on his man at times

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.