Left footers

Catholics?

Has @Magicpole seen this thread.....he'll be livid.

I have seen it, read it and am currently sharpening an axe. :)

I am a left footer in both senses. The derogatory anti left/catholic one and I’m a left footed maestro. Nicknamed the Dancer at school due to my genius at dribbling by people.

Im also very creative, can draw, paint, write, play music, write songs, great cook. In fact all round good guy.

If I could get over my debilitating lack of confidence I would go further.

I am now a very bad catholic though. I am atheist to the core and have been since I was 12, which caused me much hassle and a lot of the belt when I refused to go to confession/mass while at school.

The more they belted me at school the more stubborn and entrenched I became.
My mother had the priest up to the house to read me the riot act. I pointed out a few things he couldn’t answer and made him look stupid and my mother went Fucking mental.:)

Until her dying day she wanted me to return to the faith. I told her I would not let the last thing I promised her to be a lie. I promised to look out for my younger siblings, as I have always done, instead. She accepted that.

As for footballers, I think it is a thing that good left footed players tend to have a wee bit more style. I certainly did. Plus I could hack and give back punishment I got routinely.

That helps too.

I heard it explained that left footed players always played on the left because of the shortage of lefties,
therefor never had to concentrate too much using the right foot,

where as an average plodder like me played right wing and left wing and the same at full back just to get a game .

Good shout. From other clubs I always thought Liam Brady was the king of lefties. Bobby Charlton always said he was made to practice with both feet and reached a point where he couldn't remember whether he was left or right.

I could never remember whether he was a right-footed canute or a left-footed canute, but a canute all the same!

Was actually thinking this the other day. All the worlds best players have been lefties.

Maradonna
Platini (****)
Best (alky)
Pele (2 footed)
Messi

Then the likes of brady, kinkladze, waddle, barnes, silva, etc were all very cultured players that u dont seen with righties.

Was actually thinking this the other day. All the worlds best players have been lefties.

Maradonna
Platini (****)
Best (alky)
Pele (2 footed)
Messi

Then the likes of brady, kinkladze, waddle, barnes, silva, etc were all very cultured players that u dont seen with righties.
Is Phil Jones left footed then?

I'm left footed and I'm world class. Just not been picked up yet.

Using my right peg to kick a football resembles a pissed up cancan attempt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.