Neil McNab Recovery

Get on to 'Go Fund Me' and search for Neil McNabb. Easy to support our ex player.

Big thank you to everyone who has either bought a programme or made a donation to help fund Neil McNab's medical expenses in the States,

After a plug on City Programme Facebook page & twitter, we have now managed to add $475 to Neil's page so far which is absolutely fantastic.

Just hit $30.000 on the page,

Still plenty of Basel programmes available so feel free to donate and then message me delivery details and will send a copy to you.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1653960338212329/

https://www.gofundme.com/neilmcnabsr

Didn't know whether to put this in the media bias thread ( sure the Irish Times probably haven't done a similar article to the one here on the Munich survivors and their treatment by UTD) but opted to put here. Anyway the article highlighted something that passed me by and has given me the chance to make a donation and raise this thread again

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/so...ingly-forgotten-part-of-city-s-past-1.3418377

Hmmm - that article smacks to me of a writer with an anti-City agenda who is using Neil's situation as a way to bash the club.

I have donated and I think that maybe the club should do something but really the initiative should come from either the fans or McNab's old team mates. If a decent idea was pitched to the club I am sure that it would be supportive.

Disgusting article.

There's a kernel of truth in the article. It would be a kind gesture that would cost the club next to nothing.

But it goes for all big clubs, not just City. Do all big clubs play their ex-players medical bills? Doubtful.

I am wondering why, if he was working in the US, he did not have medical insurance that would cover these bills.

I do think that the club could do something to support but the initiative could come from the fans. Maybe a bucket collection outside the ground and a McNab focussed event in City Square before and after a home match. They could replay the 10-1 game on the big screen and get Adcock, Stewart and White along as guests to sell signed pictures and so on. I do not live near Manchester and only get to a few home games but would be happy to get involved with any fan based initiatives.

I am wondering why, if he was working in the US, he did not have medical insurance that would cover these bills.

I do think that the club could do something to support but the initiative could come from the fans. Maybe a bucket collection outside the ground and a McNab focussed event in City Square before and after a home match. They could replay the 10-1 game on the big screen and get Adcock, Stewart and White along as guests to sell signed pictures and so on. I do not live near Manchester and only get to a few home games but would be happy to get involved with any fan based initiatives.
Insurance doesn't cover the whole cost.
After City beat B Monchengladbach the other year, I cycled back from the pub well pissed and (cough) fell off. Broke a collerbone and a rib.
Total bill was just under $6,000 and I had to pay $1,500

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.