Carragher spits at fan / now prank on g neville backfires

I’d be sad to see him go. I know from a few years back from someone who was close to him at that time that he’s from a seriously rough background. Much more so than Gerrard or even Rooney, but he’s clearly educated himself and for me is one of the most thoughtful and articulate pundits on tv. I hugely enjoy his football analysis; it’s always well-considered and fair. It would be sad to see a momentary lapse bring a promising career to an end. Spitting is considered disgusting by society, but is it nearly as reprensible as shagging your brother’s wife, for example? That hasn’t stopped Giggs carrying on with his life and career. People break the law; it doesn’t make them monsters.

People comparing it to what Collymore did are being ridiculous. One was a sustained attack on a defenceless female and an egregious abuse of power; the other was Jamie Carragher losing it for a spilt second after being provoked, for which he’s subsequently apologised. For me, absolutely no comparison.

Good points.

Sky have a few presenters who been done for drink driving ,Sky havent sacked them so they might find it hard to sack him as they have to be consistent in ther disciplinary procedures
As repulsive as spitting at someone is, I see drink/drug driving as a far more serious and dangerous offence, it would have been a sick joke for Sky to sack Carragher while people like Merson and Kirsty Gallacher have kept their jobs.

He seemed more apologetic to Sky than the family during his interview.

I’m kind of disappointed as he was a tremendous competitor on the field and has proven to be a much better pundit than the likes of Redknapp, McManaman and Hoddle.

I’d be sad to see him go. I know from a few years back from someone who was close to him at that time that he’s from a seriously rough background. Much more so than Gerrard or even Rooney, but he’s clearly educated himself and for me is one of the most thoughtful and articulate pundits on tv. I hugely enjoy his football analysis; it’s always well-considered and fair. It would be sad to see a momentary lapse bring a promising career to an end. Spitting is considered disgusting by society, but is it nearly as reprensible as shagging your brother’s wife, for example? That hasn’t stopped Giggs carrying on with his life and career. People break the law; it doesn’t make them monsters.

People comparing it to what Collymore did are being ridiculous. One was a sustained attack on a defenceless female and an egregious abuse of power; the other was Jamie Carragher losing it for a spilt second after being provoked, for which he’s subsequently apologised. For me, absolutely no comparison.
Putting all that aside, he is bloody awful to listen to.

His adenoidal ramblings are almost unintelligible and I always press the mute button or change channels.

Putting all that aside, he is bloody awful to listen to.

His adenoidal ramblings are almost unintelligible and I always press the mute button or change channels.
It genuinely doesn't bother me - and nor does the Scouse accent more generally. I'd also add that I genuinely find him easy to follow and understand, so I'd disagree about him being unintelligible.

Spitting is considered disgusting by society, but is it nearly as reprensible as shagging your brother’s wife, for example? That hasn’t stopped Giggs carrying on with his life and career. People break the law; it doesn’t make them monsters.

I realise that I am completely out of step with society on this but while I do think spitting at someone is pretty foul, I don't find that it outrages me in the way that it seems to with the majority in the UK. For me it goes in the same category as something like someone slagging your mum off which seems to make people bizarrely and disproportionately outraged too. I used to work with an ex professional footballer who spent his career in the lower divisions with Mansfield and Chester. He used to say that he would rather another player broke his leg than spat at him. I used to think he was fucking mental for saying that but it does pretty much sum up the way society views spitting. I don't get it.

I realise that I am completely out of step with society on this but while I do think spitting at someone is pretty foul, I don't find that it outrages me in the way that it seems to with the majority in the UK. For me it goes in the same category as something like someone slagging your mum off which seems to make people bizarrely and disproportionately outraged too. I used to work with an ex professional footballer who spent his career in the lower divisions with Mansfield and Chester. He used to say that he would rather another player broke his leg than spat at him. I used to think he was fucking mental for saying that but it does pretty much sum up the way society views spitting. I don't get it.
It’s pretty much to do with social conditioning that flies in the face of logic. Many people spit involuntarily when they talk; if some of it lands on me I don’t feel any particular sense of revulsion. On that basis, the outrage that people feel is because of the contemptuous intent the deliberate act conveys, rather than any real harm (normally) caused. It’s all psychological. People don’t think twice about sticking their tongue in someone’s mouth shortly after they’ve met them, (aka: swapping spit) if the opportunity presents itself. On that basis, why is being spat at worse than having your leg broken? It’s absurd and offends logic.

It’s pretty much to do with social conditioning that flies in the face of logic. Many people spit involuntarily when they talk; if some of it lands on me I don’t feel any particular sense of revulsion. On that basis, the outrage that people feel is because of the contemptuous intent the deliberate act conveys, rather than any real harm (normally) caused. It’s all psychological. People don’t think twice about sticking their tongue in someone’s mouth shortly after they’ve met them, (aka: swapping spit) if the opportunity presents itself. On that basis, why is being spat at worse than having your leg broken? It’s absurd and offends logic.

I don't think there is any chance of a nosh after a broken leg to be fair, whereas tongue jousting - could be.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.