Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hypothetical, but say Liverpool win the CL and don't finish in the top 4, do they get a CL place as champions?
I know Arsenal would get a place if they win EL, so just wondering if England would be given 6 slots
Surely it does?! The champions of the EL get in so surely the champions of the CL get in

I think the thing that is most annoying is Liverpool Football club's refusal to accept that there is a new world order. That Liverpool can not longer buy the title with their littlewoods pools money.

it is no longer 1985.

I'd say the delusional Liverpool fans still behave like it is.
Ok to be serious, it isnt a case of failing to recognise other teams. Only a fool would deny City are the best team possibly in Europe, for example. But as a fanbase, we have only one role, to support, believe and drive the club on, not let them rest on their laurels or to accept second best. Keep striving.
Also, the money arguement gets banded about and it helps, but Guardiola tactically, has made you as much as the money. He is outstanding. The same as great managers through time do extraordinary things.

Surely it does?! The champions of the EL get in so surely the champions of the CL get in
I think this has been covered 457 times in the last 10 pages. CL winner and EL winner would be in CL next year. 4th place would miss out if CL winner is not in top 4. 5 teams maximum from any league

Ok to be serious, it isnt a case of failing to recognise other teams. Only a fool would deny City are the best team possibly in Europe, for example. But as a fanbase, we have only one role, to support, believe and drive the club on, not let them rest on their laurels or to accept second best. Keep striving.
Also, the money arguement gets banded about and it helps, but Guardiola tactically, has made you as much as the money. He is outstanding. The same as great managers through time do extraordinary things.

Like Shankley did you?

With all that Littlewood’s money?

Like Shankley did you?

With all that Littlewood’s money?
Even you know the littlewoods pools money is a myth, used in the last few years, to justify other teams spending. Liverpool never spent loads more than anyone else. Forest and City were buying million pound players way before Liverpool.

Even you know the littlewoods pools money is a myth, used in the last few years, to justify other teams spending. Liverpool never spent loads more than anyone else. Forest and City were buying million pound players way before Liverpool.

Haha. You bought everyone else’s best players, same as the rags did in the 90’s. We may have spent £1m before you but don’t kid yourself that you didn’t spend.

Just a quick note. This season Manchester City have lost only one game that was of any importance.

Wigan.

Ah. A what do we hate most about Liverpool covo.

If I have to chime in I’d say the one thing that annoys me about us is our unwavering confidence, even after winning bugger all for a long time. Don’t get me wrong, confidence is nice and all, but I always find that bizarre. I’m the complete opposite, guess you could say I’m a pessimist.

But I find it odd how all Liverpool fans aren’t all pessimists I guess. After all that’s happened you’d expect the whole fan base to be pessimistic. Yet some of us are talking about CL finals and next years title charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.