It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't surprise me if a player was randomly sold out of the blue, but I'm not expecting it.

Not much surprises me and Pep will be relentless in his pursuit of perfection but trust and loyalty are also important parts of managing people and I think Pep has a lot of players he will want to be loyal to.

Given Pep's love of midfielders, he might be thinking of Isco as an alternative to buying someone like Leon Bailey; although I think we need another speedy attacker to alternate with Sane and Raz.

This summer will be interesting in that I see us buying between 2 and 3 players for the first team squad so who out of a lot of possible names will be the guessing game.

Ignoring all else, I would love to see Isco in our team.

Isco played really well in the game Germany-Spain on Friday. The Spanish midfielders switched positions all the time, which shows that he can play more or less everywhere. I hate the thought of discussing whether he will come or not again, but surely he would be a welcome addition to our squad.

Isco played really well in the game Germany-Spain on Friday. The Spanish midfielders switched positions all the time, which shows that he can play more or less everywhere. I hate the thought of discussing whether he will come or not again, but surely he would be a welcome addition to our squad.

I've got to the point where I think it will be talked about forevermore but never happen and, although I've commented here, I intend to try and avoid doing so for the most part.

Understand why we as fans would try and find a way to bring him in, but if we get a dm to replace Toure and a winger to back up Sane Sterling, probably at the expense of Zincheko, who makes way for Isco ? Just can't see it when we have Silva Gundogan , De bruyne and Bernardo.

Yep, fair point. Maybe the answer has something to do with the age difference between Isco and D Silva & succession planning(??)
Pretty sure Bernardo was brought to be the successor if we sign isco no doubt in my mind gundogan will move to Fernandinho position.

bernardo could be silva's successor, and probably still will be, but he is 23 and isco is 26 in a few weeks. plus, both of them can play further forward and are a goal threat. maybe pep wants to play kevin deeper, or even further forwards.

dinho
young DM (n'dombele?)
gundogan
silva
isco
de bruyne
foden

bernardo
new winger (bailey?)
sterling
sane
jesus
aguero
diaz

that could work, 12 senior players for 6 positions and foden and diaz getting game time as and when.

that squad would be scary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.