Mino Raiola attacks Guardiola

Apologise in advance for the length my response but this is a subject for which I have a great interest.

The problem is that they aren’t even glorified accountants (which would at least be respectable): they are really the equivalent to snake oil salesmen, only they peddle human beings, making their prognostications and outlandish schemes to get rich (on the backs of their clients successes or failures) all the more detestable. Most agents (I’ve spent time with a few) don’t really care about the career outcomes of their clients beyond the impact on their bottom line. Some NGOs class them as human traffickers, which is absolutely the case with some operating in Africa, South America, and Asia, and not far from the truth for those plying their “trade” in the more established footballing corners of the world.

I’ve always said that if an agent dislikes something or someone it is almost always for one of two reasons (which one should be proud of):

1) They have been beaten at their own “game” (usually losing money and/or access in the process)

or

2) An entity exposes the “game” they are playing (also often leading to the loss of money and/or access)

Now, the “game” they are playing is a matter of livelihood (and, in more rare cases, literally life or death) for their clients, but most agents do not frame their work that way. The fact that we allow this professional practice, without placing strict, universal licensing and fiduciary requirements for entry, is abhorrent and one of the many things wrong with the modern game.

Here are just a few articles about the rampant exploitation related to agent and “agency” involvement in football, for which their are accounts Raiola has participated (directly and indirectly) through dodgy gladhanding and opaque memoranda of understanding with various entities operating in the developing world.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1609951/young-african-footballers-being-exploited

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/jan/06/newsstory.sport4

https://www.sundaypost.com/news/sco...mising-young-footballers-exploited-by-agents/

I agree that agents—in their current form—should be banned from the game. But, unfortunately, the money they generate (a word I use loosely) has found its slimy way into most governing and regulatory bodies, so reform and/or dissolution is unlikely.
Very difficult to ban agents. Everybody is entitled to have help with negotiation.
The best solution is to regulate their fees:
1.By outlawing all payments by clubs to agents acting for a player. The player should pay for his agent. No acting for both sides.
2. If an agent is genuinely acting for a club to get a sale, a written agreement should be lodged stating the fee payable by the club. In that case the agent could not be paid by the player or the buying club.
3. Fees subject to maxima.

I realize there are tax implications and that all regs can be cheated on, but some regulation is better than none.
Good luck FIFA.

3cac9daaffd2bfffd03e1d6b1ec2d079.gif

Class.

Isnt that like us in the nineties, when every week we had turned a corner. So much so we were going round in squares.
They got all giddy after beating a few crapy teams
We turned that many corners it ended up as one big circle.
A never ending circle I might add, it wasn't even a vicious circle, it was a massive comedy circle full of custard pies and flowers squirting water.

We turned that many corners it ended up as one big circle.
A never ending circle I might add, it wasn't even a vicious circle, it was a massive comedy circle full of custard pies and flowers squirting water.
There were definitely clowns involved

Pulled a blinder by getting a new contract after being crocked. In like a lion, out like a big girls blouse..
I always got the feeling that a new 100k plus contract for a crock in his mid 30s seems a bit dodgy.
Someone's had United's pants down on this one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.