Liverpool v City 1st leg CL Qtr Final post match

They did appear to have shat it tonight. We can still do them at home next Tuesday.

Really?

Tie is over. We could have continued to play till next Tuesday and not score a goal.
Worst performance of the season when we needed the best.

Well didn't expect that

Things to take from that

1 were not as good as we thought we were

2 we miss aguero , jesus still too inconsistent

Still think we can qualify far from over , play very much like last season . Zero goal threat the whole game

Sergio can hold the ball up to allow others to get to support the front players. Jesus cannot do it so we were always outnumbered anywhere near their box.

Full strength Saturday now, please.

Completely agree...confidence will be low after this, putting out a weakened side against the rags wont help! Need a strong performance and get back to winning ways at weekend....We have a stronger squad than Liverpool but their front 3 have just too much movement and pace for our back 4....

We didn't even look interested in scoring all game. What the fuck where they thinking? "3-0 is a fine result, because we beat them 5-0 at the Etihad last time, and then it will happen again?" All teams have some bad games, but today it looked like no one gave a shit. Walker, Gundogan, Fernandinho, Jesus and Kev were absymal tonight. Laporte was the only one who had a good game IMO. We have to step up for the second leg. It's not impossible, but it's going to be very hard. But I'm 100% sure that we won't score 3 or more if Aguero is not playing. The ref and the linesman can fuck off

Have to be honest and say that team selection by pep was embarrassing. Pep was schooled by klopp yet again. It’s like the only person that didn’t think we would be pressed first half was pep. Naive beyond belief. This tie is over, we ain’t scoring 4 without reply.

They were tight decisions but let’s not fall into the trap of fooling ourselves that the officials were the problem. We failed to get a shot on target. That was the problem.

I agree to some extent but we didn’t literally have the ball in the back of the net

Lost our heads again at Anfield, but only when the 2nd goal went in... I still maintain we were controlling the game even at 1-0.

Not really an excuse but the first goal was offside, second goal was a hit and hope and Sané hesitated when his first thought should have been get back and pressure him, affect him any way you can. After that the game was lost and they started outplaying us as our heads dropped further.

Gundogan was the wrong player for this game, Laporte didn't deal with Salah but that's what you get when you play a CB at LB... maybe Delph wasn't ready and Danilo needs to be in form to get in this team because he can be a liability when he's not on it(I'm guessing Pep thought he wasn't showing enough in training).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.