Sunday Supplement 17/18

I am a Liverpool fan and I was very very embarrassed and disgusted after what had happened on Wednesday but I wasn't aware of the steward with the loud speaker.

You will always get dickheads anywhere in life but when you organise things like what happened on Wednesday the club should ask Merseyside police to block off the area to pedestrians while the coaches arrive. The problem is with it that in principle it's a good idea but you will always that have dickheads that go over the top and cross the line. The thing that pisses me off is that there is a very good possibility that some of the people throwing missiles didn't even go the match.

It has ruined what was a good result but sadly it is being overshadowed by the behaviour off knobheads; and while there was more than a few they were still a small minority and the vast majority of Liverpool fans will ge extremely embarresed by what happened.
Your in a minority mate
Most LFC fans comments I have read around the web are calling City fans soft arse snowflakes etc, not disgusted at all by the 'welcome'.

Your in a minority mate
Most LFC fans comments I have read around the web are calling City fans soft arse snowflakes etc, not disgusted at all by the 'welcome'.

Most fans that don't frequent internet forums will find it embarrassing but the problem you have with the internet and internet forums is that ideas spread. One person will post that it isn't that bad cause no one was injured and they were only bottles and it was only a few people not the whole stadium. Then everyone follows the same thought process and doesn't realise that once again the actions of a minority have ruined the reputation of the club and every fan even though they had nothing to do with it is instead off speaking out against these actions they end up defending it.

As for the comments about it being premeditated by the club and the police well I don't believe they thought there would be missiles thrown as it has never happened before but it was very short sighted by both. Both the club and the police should have seen the bigger picture and not looked at if through rose tinted lenses and should have given a thought to people outside the ground getting carried away.

Most fans that don't frequent internet forums will find it embarrassing but the problem you have with the internet and internet forums is that ideas spread. One person will post that it isn't that bad cause no one was injured and they were only bottles and it was only a few people not the whole stadium. Then everyone follows the same thought process and doesn't realise that once again the actions of a minority have ruined the reputation of the club and every fan even though they had nothing to do with it is instead off speaking out against these actions they end up defending it.

As for the comments about it being premeditated by the club and the police well I don't believe they thought there would be missiles thrown as it has never happened before but it was very short sighted by both. Both the club and the police should have seen the bigger picture and not looked at if through rose tinted lenses and should have given a thought to people outside the ground getting carried away.

What reputation?

The reputation that supporters of Liverpool FC are a bunch of twats?

No, that reputation hasn’t been ruined at all.

What reputation?

The reputation that supporters of Liverpool FC are a bunch of twats?

No, that reputation hasn’t been ruined at all.

My point exactly.

Like it or not but the vast majority of Liverpool fans are not a bunch of twats but people will tarnish every Liverpool fan with the same brush because of Wednesday.

My point exactly.

Like it or not but the vast majority of Liverpool fans are not a bunch of twats but people will tarnish every Liverpool fan with the same brush because of Wednesday.

Fair play for defending your fellow lfc fans mate. You’re quite right, the VAST majority of them are decent enough people but Liverpool F.C. has a very significant number of utter violent filth that follow them.

And it’s a shame that these people colour the view other football fans have of decent people like yourself. The club itself could do more though. They passively encouraged the scenes we saw on Wednesday and that is shameful.

My point exactly.

Listen well done for coming on, The biggest issue here is that it was orchestrated from when the draw was made. Now regardless of whether the intentions were good from when that online post went public by supporters of your club, it is the fact that such a situation as this has form for attacking the opposition bus. I am sure you remember it happening against Dortmund, a situation where your manager klopp stated publicly that he was worried for the safety of his former team. This past gathering which resulted in a Dortmund player getting injured.

The wording of that online post was such that it stoked hostility towards the City players arriving - for any liverpool fan thinking that supporters of your club would just turn up and shout and jeer at the coach is laughable really. I am not having a dig at you directly, what i am saying is that those that put out that post knew what the outcome would be and they got it

I am a Liverpool fan and I was very very embarrassed and disgusted after what had happened on Wednesday but I wasn't aware of the steward with the loud speaker.

You will always get dickheads anywhere in life but when you organise things like what happened on Wednesday the club should ask Merseyside police to block off the area to pedestrians while the coaches arrive. The problem is with it that in principle it's a good idea but you will always that have dickheads that go over the top and cross the line. The thing that pisses me off is that there is a very good possibility that some of the people throwing missiles didn't even go the match.

It has ruined what was a good result but sadly it is being overshadowed by the behaviour off knobheads; and while there was more than a few they were still a small minority and the vast majority of Liverpool fans will ge extremely embarresed by what happened.

You were doing so well till you said "Small minority".
At least 300 were chucking missiles egged on by another 700+
Not small.

You were doing so well till you said "Small minority".
At least 300 were chucking missiles egged on by another 700+
Not small.

I have only seen the video from that was on tv and it didn't look like 300 from that video not saying there wasn't bug still 300 out of 45000 and I doubt the 700+ were shouting through bottles at the city coach.

I have only seen the video from that was on tv and it didn't look like 300 from that video not saying there wasn't bug still 300 out of 45000 and I doubt the 700+ were shouting through bottles at the city coach.
If that's your attitude please fuck off and watch the whole on coach video that shows around 600+ missile impacts (clue you can hear them) and aggressive chearing on of the actions - then come back and show a little humility. It was a fucking massive minority and I'm assuming many people threw multiple missiles.
You are clearly a twat who wants to WUM.

Last edited:
Just listening to the podcast.

Thought the panel were fair on the derby assessment and Mullock was spot on regarding the coach arrival.

Nice mention for Sam Lee from Mullock as well. Fair play there, doing his bit for a good upcoming journalist.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.