Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't make it applicable to everyone though.

Eddy seems to be lacking a bit in confidence at the moment, think he's aimlessly hoofed it in the last 3 games more than the rest of the season combined. The chances we concede are a lot of the time clear cut hence why he doesnt seem to make many saves..Exactly what happened to Bravo, it's our system not our keepers

De Gea was the keeper who shipped in 6 in our first title winning season along with countless other indecisive moments during his early spell at the United. He recovered. Eddy has a similar mentality and despite his sticky spell he has saved us countless occasion to get us in this position and will prove he will be one of the best goalkeepers in football in the long run.

De Gea was the keeper who shipped in 6 in our first title winning season along with countless other indecisive moments during his early spell at the United. He recovered. Eddy has a similar mentality and despite his sticky spell he has saved us countless occasion to get us in this position.

You know them both personally? Im not saying he won't improve simply saying you cant paint all players with the same brush, totally different keepers for a start.

Eddy has got a bit to learn but It doesn't make me right or wrong on his overall mentality but it is the impression I get from Eddy,

All I will say is that had Ederson been injured and Bravo had actually been Ederson in the last three games the shite refereeing the shite defending and even the shite finishing would have barely been noticed such would the shit storm that would have fallen upon Bravo.

I cant help but wonder if we might need a goalkeeper to whom the fucking ball doesnt turn into a bar of soap. When the ball is in the air it needs catching, when it is on the ground it needs to be held onto...Ederson makes it looks like he is trying to catch an angry cat thats covered in KY Jelly.

I fear in such a good attacking team that against most teams limits posession to a minimum thus protecting the goalkeeper from much in the way of sustained pressure Ederson has flattered to deceive. Got slated for casting doubts upon a BM golden boy who is beyond critique.....few waking up now.

All I will say is that had Ederson been injured and Bravo had actually been Ederson in the last three games the shite refereeing the shite defending and even the shite finishing would have barely been noticed such would the shit storm that would have fallen upon Bravo.

I cant help but wonder if we might need a goalkeeper to whom the fucking ball doesnt turn into a bar of soap. When the ball is in the air it needs catching, when it is on the ground it needs to be held onto...Ederson makes it looks like he is trying to catch an angry cat thats covered in KY Jelly.

I fear in such a good attacking team that against most teams limits posession to a minimum thus protecting the goalkeeper from much in the way of sustained pressure Ederson has flattered to deceive. Got slated for casting doubts upon a BM golden boy who is beyond critique.....few waking up now.

Totally agree.

Wont blame him. Just unreal how many shots on target our opponents have recently and 95% of them actually so good as they are goals. We need to do so much more to score one goal while opponents has to make 1 shot most of the time for the same 1 goal.
The types of efforts they have to, we are usually back peddling with no structure, players all over the shop. That creates a hectic as it gets area. Add to that the oppo players are generally looking to shoot when we are still scrabbling around leaving them with a little extra time to make the shot. Defenders in such circumstances are as much a hindrance as a help obscuring your view and such sometimes. Either way i bet he would like a bit more calmness from those in front when we are transitioning to basic defending or in our case wanting to recover the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.