Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you need to re read my post. The inference was that most shots we have faced have been exceptional and that is why they have scored - I dispute that

Ah Yeah. Is he taking the piss with that comment? They have all been virtual tap ins with the defence including him at fault for at least 7 of them.

All I will say is that had Ederson been injured and Bravo had actually been Ederson in the last three games the shite refereeing the shite defending and even the shite finishing would have barely been noticed such would the shit storm that would have fallen upon Bravo.

I cant help but wonder if we might need a goalkeeper to whom the fucking ball doesnt turn into a bar of soap. When the ball is in the air it needs catching, when it is on the ground it needs to be held onto...Ederson makes it looks like he is trying to catch an angry cat thats covered in KY Jelly.

I fear in such a good attacking team that against most teams limits posession to a minimum thus protecting the goalkeeper from much in the way of sustained pressure Ederson has flattered to deceive. Got slated for casting doubts upon a BM golden boy who is beyond critique.....few waking up now.

I wouldn't go as far as suggesting we get a new keeper, however there might be some other way to look at the situation with our goal keepers, Hart was brilliant for us until Pellegrini brought in Xabi Mansidor as the goal keeping coach, Bravo was great at Barcelona, then he worked with Mansidor, looks like the Ederson is now experiencing the Mansidor effect. The problem might not be the goal keepers, perhaps its all down to the goal keeping coach and his tactics.

He’s certainly worried me these last few games. His shot stopping has left a lot to be desired.
I don’t even think it’s the shot stopping that’s the problem. For me he doesn’t command his six yard box enough when balls are put in the mix. He’s a fairly big presence and should be taking the pressure off his defenders when the ball is in the air.
Last night he should have swept up the first goal cleanly - can’t put much blame on him for the second. Also thought he was slow off his line with the chamberlain chance in the first half. Strange really when his biggest positive is him being a sweeper keeper. He doesn’t get his angles right enough.
Still, had a fantastic season and can only get better.

I don’t even think it’s the shot stopping that’s the problem. For me he doesn’t command his six yard box enough when balls are put in the mix. He’s a fairly big presence and should be taking the pressure off his defenders when the ball is in the air.
Last night he should have swept up the first goal cleanly - can’t put much blame on him for the second. Also thought he was slow off his line with the chamberlain chance in the first half. Strange really when his biggest positive is him being a sweeper keeper. He doesn’t get his angles right enough.
Still, had a fantastic season and can only get better.

I agree with most of this. I do think he could have done better with the Firmino goal, he’s been far too slow getting down to shots, similar to Pogba at weekend. I’m sure he’s going to be a world class keeper, I just don’t think we’ve seen that many great saves yet?

I agree with most of this. I do think he could have done better with the Firmino goal, he’s been far too slow getting down to shots, similar to Pogba at weekend. I’m sure he’s going to be a world class keeper, I just don’t think we’ve seen that many great saves yet?
I thought Firmino got lucky and didn’t strike it well which as it happened benefited him. It’s be nice to see the odd worldie from him though. There was 2 against utd I’d have liked him to have reacted quicker to.

I think Ederson will get better nex5 season, he was fantastic this season and his distribution and sweeping more than made up for the odd blooper.he is still young and will learn.fantastic buy.

In order for Bravo to get a League Winner's medal, he has to have five appearances. He's only got one or two at the most.

Let Bravo play enough of the remaining games to qualify, during which Ederson can come on as a defender and score the odd goal or two.

How's that for an idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.