Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough draw stylistically as Roma tend to play a low block and use the long ball with (Dangerous) Dzecko and Shick.

We struggle with teams with those qualities,as the United game at OT showed and at times against Palace the other week.

We play better as a team when we have around 40% of the ball and sit waiting to counter,against Roma we will be the team with the ball the most and they will sitting back.

I put the tie at 50/50 and it's no forgone conclusion we will get to the final.

I think Bayern will go through in the other tie.

@mat
UEFA directive to avoid the possibility of a Juve/Dippers semi...?
http://www.ladbible.com/news/sport-...hampions-league-draw-quickly-deletes-20180413

I have to admit I've been sceptical about these weirdo conspiracy theories because they look like just the sort of thing that trolls put on social media to reel in gullible fools, but if LADBible are reporting it, then there might actually be something in it.

Future rankings based on historical performance? That will never happen. Top 4 of the 4 top Europeam leagues qualifying straight for the group stages? That will never happen. FFP being brought in if any 'inter-lopers' try to crash the party. Surely not? A clubs 'individual coefficient' (history again) determining how much 'prize money' teams will get from 2018? That really would never happen, would it?

Sure, but that's an argument that the system is weighted in a way that favours the 'elite'. That may be unfair but it's not a conspiracy; it's transparent.

I'm talking about stuff like this:
A lot will depend on who the referees are told to let into the final

I’m referring to the Sevilla game this season. Sevilla should have won right at the end of the game Anfield if it wasn’t for Muriel’s poor finishing. If it’s this calendar year you’re referring too, they lost to West Brom 3-2 at Home. Di Francesco is a tactical genius and will not be afraid to make the game ugly to play in. Their midfield of De Rossi, Naingollan and Strootman have the right balance and are experienced.

Let’s not forget that Liverpool lost to the rags a few weeks ago and Roma are a better team than them currently.

This.....I've been increasingly impressed with Di Francesco's coaching for Roma especially this half of the season, where I've seen his team despatch Napoli, Chelsea & Barcelona with tactical nous.

I fully expect him to do his homework and nullify the Dippers strengths perhaps with either a West Brom-esque or Maureen performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.