So what made the difference

Ederson
Walker
Having Vinny fit for the important games.
Bernardo and gundogan are top class players to rotate in.
Delph playing out of his skin.
Jesus & Kun dovetailed really well.

What we need to kick on.

Mendy.
Someone to rotate effectively with sane.
Another striker.
A defensive midfielder to rotate with Fernandinho
The new ones will total 100m. Cue Custis: This City side cost 2 billion while yewnited only cost 46p. No wonder City win all the time, the reds are SO poor, barely can afford boots.

We didn't have any key player injured for long and Mendy was covered well by Delph. KDB started all league games except the derby.
I thought Mendy was pretty key myself. We'd have scored a hell of a lot more goals if he'd been fit.

Last edited:
It really only came down to conceding a few key goals....or not. We played Chelsea off the park at the Etihad and lost.
Walker having the pace to get back and a goalkeeper who could make the odd important save helped! Delph for me was a revelation and a big part of the difference.

last year we looked good till the turning point of the Chelsea defeat, this year we have been superior without question. But what definitively happened.

For me we were great last season we got some stinkers in key games but we have this term so not sure that’s it
Major upgrades at fullbacks; squad fit enough at each position to counterpress the full 90; perfect goalie for the system.

In short, fixed every major weakness we had last season.

Playing KDB in a deeper role has been amazing. That, and Ederson being an extra outfield player.

It really only came down to conceding a few key goals....or not. We played Chelsea off the park at the Etihad and lost.
Walker having the pace to get back and a goalkeeper who could make the odd important save helped! Delph for me was a revelation and a big part of the difference.

The quality and speed of our attack along with conceding fewer goals. A keeper being able to make class saves, sometimes some he has no right to save is worth its weight in gold. Delph has been fantastic although he isn't anything to do with the difference. If anything it might have restricted us slightly from an attacking point of view.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.