So what made the difference

Read that Times article that Ric has posted if you get chance. It gives some detailed insight into this question.

Unity is one, the full backs freeing up Sane and Sterling to do what they are good at instead of worrying about the cover behind them, moving De Bruyne into a more central position and bringing him into the senior players “management” team.

The overriding message though is Peps dedication to the job.

Never seen a better team spirit. A good example throughout the season was different captains. Historically unusual and never seemed to disrupt our rhythm.

Pep-Guardiola-Wallpaper-2011.jpg
pep-guardiola_0.jpg

Pep stated that ‘this team’ wont be ‘his team’ until the 3rd year of his charge.....expect to only get better Blues and enjoy what will be a trophy laden period

there is a thread on the Caf which basically makes out that man for man there is nothing between the squads.

The fact that they can't see the difference says it all.

Ederson enabling us to play out from the back but also launch counter attacks with an accurate long pass.

Having a consistent midfield three of Fernandinho, Silva and De Bruyne throughout the season.

More time for the squad to learn what Pep wants from them.

The overriding message though is Peps dedication to the job.

I can't overstate the importance of this. Working in a high pressure environment myself, as a general manager, your dedication and ability to engage and build a team is absolutely fucking critical. Eventually you will get results.

I think the first season was a process of building the platform. He figured the minor changes he needed to win this league, such as the importance of the 2nd ball, and executed it.

It's known through the industry how dedicated he is and that is the single biggest factor. Its infectious and is a sign of a great leader.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.