A trip down memory lane around Manchester....

... LEISURE
Hough end football
Getting a snog off Benchill girls in Wythenshawe Park
Getting off the bus on Princes St., winding thru tne back alleys and coming out at the end of Maine Road....Huge sign..........PLATT LANE STAND>
Twisted Wheel
Cycling straight over Northenden Golf Course (they didnt like it!) my mate and I bought a tandem out of MEN small ads, cost 5/- and adorned it with all sorts of shit including a red road lamp on the back! (Oh yes, we were right tearaways aged 11)
First pint of Boddy's.
Ten pin bowling in Ardwick
Withington baths

OTHER
Barrow boys, winos in Picadilly, London Road Station, when we called the area near Etihad.... Bradford, Busses out of Stockport run by the North West Car Co, with full width benches upstairs.........
Edit. As a kid, I thought the town hall was made of black stone.
Think you mean Princess Road. Moss Side is my home patch.

I rememeber kofflers in the early 80's hyde rd near parkdale ave... cowans just up the rd. do you remember Toms chippy chapman st, tight bastard but great chippy.
I remember Toms chippy back in the 60s,also the cobblers shop over the road on the corner (Turner st & Chapman street )

Going to City away games in Finglands coaches, from near Birch Villa in Rusholme.
Watching the great Reg Harris cycling at Fallowfield Stadium The old Temperance snooker hall near Rusholme Trocadero.

This was the ultimate city to be a student in. We’d go to The Ritz on a Monday though to The Star & Garter on a Saturday circa 2001. I was sad when The Colliseum shopping emporium went.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.