Matthijs de Ligt

If we signed him this summer he'd count as home grown & academy trained under the current rules upon turning 21.

I still don't see who'd leave though.

Am I right in saying he won’t take a squad space then? Under 21 so on the B list for CL at least. Or do you need to be at a club for a certain amount of time to count for that?

Maybe Stones out....

Eh I just don't see it. It's probably more likely than Otamendi or Kompany going, but I don't see Pep binning him.

He's only had 7 games since returning from injury. He played poorly in 3 or 4 of them, but are we really saying that those few bad games is all it takes to get the boot?

Am I right in saying he won’t take a squad space then? Under 21 so on the B list for CL at least. Or do you need to be at a club for a certain amount of time to count for that?

u21 for Premier League so he wouldn't count as a foreign player domestically, but for Champions League which requires you to be at a club for 2 years, he'd be A list.

Following on from the discussion above, have we ever had a season when we've actually had a surplus of established foreign players when naming the CL squad lists, or has injury/form seen to it that everyone has been included when the tournament recommences?

Following on from the discussion above, have we ever had a season when we've actually had a surplus of established foreign players when naming the CL squad lists, or has injury/form seen to it that everyone has been included when the tournament recommences?

We had to leave players out when we were sanctioned by UEFA over FFP. Jovetic + Nasri.

Also Yaya was left out last season, but brought in for the second half of the season when Gundogan got injured.

We had to leave players out when we were sanctioned by UEFA over FFP. Jovetic + Nasri.

Also Yaya was left out last season, but brought in for the second half of the season when Gundogan got injured.

Thanks for that. And this season Mendy was unavailable for the second half as well.

If we signed him this summer he'd count as home grown & academy trained under the current rules upon turning 21.

I still don't see who'd leave though.

I think this is actually pretty significant. Having someone of de Ligt's quality/potential as club trained would be very nice. Question about CL rules. de Ligt turns 19 this August (12th). Rules state: "players who were on a club's books for three years between the ages of 15 and 21." So does that mean the cutoff date for the 3 years at the club includes the year leading to the player's 22nd birthday?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.