Todays Pitch Invasion. City v Swansea

Most are young City fans.

It's a shame those moaning, who I presume are older, have forgotten what they were like when they were young and following City.

Like many on here I've done numerous pitch invasion over the years and they still feel as good as ever. Celebrating with fellow City fans, and getting on the hallowed turf and touching it. The only chance the vast majority of us will ever get to follow in the players foot steps.

But playing devils advocate, the fans have now had their pitch invasion. The Huddersfield game is for the players to celebrate winning the PL title, lifting the PL trophy, and doing the lap of honour. I for one will be staying in my seat.
Absolutely, it worked out perfect, pitch invasion yesterday, trophy parade v Huddersfield

I thought I'd done my last pitch invasion back at Maine Road against Birmingham, but the look in my lad's eye at full time made me sprint all the way down the spirals from the top tier and back into the stadium at level one and onto the pitch where he did a belly slide and we took a few photos. He will remember this moment when I'm long dead and buried and I will remember the joy in his eyes for the rest of my life.

No, it didn't happen.

Why are you making something up in your head that didn't happen?

As for the stewards at the Huddersfield match. Regardless of Yesterday, they will be there any way.

Why can't City fans like you get it in your head. A pitch invasion was going to happen at some point.

Whether you like it or not, it has become a tradition. 3 PL titles. 3 pitch invasion.

Like I've said, it didn't happen against United. Move on.
It happened against Swansea.(I don't recall any City fans goading any Swansea fans from the pitch) Move on.
It shouldn't happen, and won't happen against Huddersfield.
The fans have had their pitch invasion.
They will stay in their seats and let the players celebrate.
You'll see.

My arrse will they ... not a chance they wont be on the pitch again unless security if beefed up..

No, it didn't happen.

Why are you making something up in your head that didn't happen?

As for the stewards at the Huddersfield match. Regardless of Yesterday, they will be there any way.

Why can't City fans like you get it in your head. A pitch invasion was going to happen at some point.

Whether you like it or not, it has become a tradition. 3 PL titles. 3 pitch invasion.

Like I've said, it didn't happen against United. Move on.
It happened against Swansea.(I don't recall any City fans goading any Swansea fans from the pitch) Move on.
It shouldn't happen, and won't happen against Huddersfield.
The fans have had their pitch invasion.
They will stay in their seats and let the players celebrate.
You'll see.
You make it sound as though it was all very carefully managed. “They will stay in their seats and let the players celebrate”. How can you possibly make this statement. I will wait for the thread about the heavy handed stewards preventing fans getting on the pitch following Huddersfield, Brighton, or both. Of course you must come on and defend the Stewards on the basis “ the fans have had their pitch invasion”, they deserve whatever is thrown at them. If they are so well organised, the Club is missing a trick by not flogging tickets to it, on a points basis of course.

Again.

1000's of City fans had already left by the final whistle. They didn't stay to applaud.
The trophy presentation, lap of honour, etc, is against Huddersfield.(the pitch invasion has now been done)
After that it's Brighton at home.
You and every other City fan who missed out applauding today, and feels aggrieved, can applaud to your hearts content against Huddersfield and Brighton.
Given that our greatest moments have mostly been in the dying minutes, I can’t get my head round the reasons why so many leave with five minutes to go. We all have homes to get to. Or maybe the early leavers all meet up at a club somewhere where they exchange stories of the great matches in our history where they left early.....?????

I thought I'd done my last pitch invasion back at Maine Road against Birmingham, but the look in my lad's eye at full time made me sprint all the way down the spirals from the top tier and back into the stadium at level one and onto the pitch where he did a belly slide and we took a few photos. He will remember this moment when I'm long dead and buried and I will remember the joy in his eyes for the rest of my life.
Who could read a post like this which perfectly sums up the simple yet deeply profound pleasure of a pitch invasion and still think pitch invasions are a bad thing.

I have a grass stained flag from the Birmingham game. Realy Wished I’d did this with my lad instead of looking through the gates plodding back to me lift. moment lost for me -( maybe next year

My arrse will they ... not a chance they wont be on the pitch again unless security if beefed up..

You'll see.

Fans don't do 2 pitch invasions.

1 is enough.

The fans will respect the players wishes to lift the trophy and parade it.

Thankfully I'm off to work in 30 minutes.

As with all the other threads, this thread will slowly die a death, once this topic has burnt itself out.

Last edited:
You make it sound as though it was all very carefully managed. “They will stay in their seats and let the players celebrate”. How can you possibly make this statement. I will wait for the thread about the heavy handed stewards preventing fans getting on the pitch following Huddersfield, Brighton, or both. Of course you must come on and defend the Stewards on the basis “ the fans have had their pitch invasion”, they deserve whatever is thrown at them. If they are so well organised, the Club is missing a trick by not flogging tickets to it, on a points basis of course.

Sorry, what are you going on about?

You'll have a long wait.

But carry on and spend the rest of the day arguing the toss about a pitch invasion that most City fans aren't arsed about, and 10,000's enjoyed doing and watching.

I should be home from work at 7pm.

Until then.

Alternatively, let it go, the pitch invasion is done, and just enjoy the final 4 games of the season, one being the trophy presentation.

I didn't personally go on the pitch but don't have a problem with anyone who chose to. Pep wasn't bothered about it either which is good enough for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.