Most annoying accent

Annoying in terms of being incomprehensible has got to be the Welsh accent... even when they try to speak English it just comes out as a slurred, incoherent, mumbling mess of spittle and poorly enunciated words.

Annoying in terms of being annoying has got to be Brum.

This late 20th / 21st century scouse accent. The harsh reasping screeching grates on me. I'm sure it's been developed harsher over the past 30 years. I work at the airport and it's full of 'em. Everywhere you turn it pierces your eardrums. Bloody horrible it is.

Brummie a close second, although that accent makes me laugh;)

Liverpudlian
New Glasgow
Belfast

Distinct points on my accent triangle, so, given the triangulation, the Isle of Man must be insufferable on the ear.

Annoying in terms of being incomprehensible has got to be the Welsh accent... even when they try to speak English it just comes out as a slurred, incoherent, mumbling mess of spittle and poorly enunciated words.

There isn’t a Welsh accent as such like there isn’t an English accent. People from North Wales speak very differently to those from South.

There isn’t a Welsh accent as such like there isn’t an English accent. People from North Wales speak very differently to those from South.

Fair point. I'll qualify it then by saying it's definitely the North Welsh accent I'm referring to.

Anyone remember Alf Ramsey's strangled "East End trying to talk posh" accent? Really weird. But not as annoying as Harry Redknapp's (or his son's)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.