Most annoying accent

Even though I’ve lived down here for years, a strong, whiney Southern accent on a girl still grates. Less of a problem on a bloke for some reason and I like trad Cockney - but not the pseudo-Caribbean bruv shite that’s spreading everywhere.

I love to hear a girl with a Manc accent.

Scouse. At the family day when they introduced Pep they interviewed Toni Duggan on stage. I felt like throwing myself on the floor, covering my ears and screaming “Make it stop”.
Always pray theres non on the plane when I go on holiday , even worse in the same hotel , shouting at little ‘macca’ in the pool .

Which one, I’m Cornish and there’s a big difference, Plymouth accent is on par with scouse.

Nails down a blackboard
I'm cornish as well,i've lost my accent now and have a bland southern accent but when i get mad i roll my r's like the good old days,i seem to be related to half of cornwall as my dad and grandad were dogs,fancy a long lost sister?

I was wondering when we would make an appearance. :)

I agree though, the neddy nasal slang from some is not a pleasant thing. A normal Glasgow accent, minus this, is fine. I’m very well spoken and a delightful companion on long trips crammed full of clever witticism and sarcasm. Ask anybody. :)
So, in other words, full of shining wit - and other Spoonerisms. ;-)

See you, Jimmy Bond!

I worked up there a lot, and never had a problem understanding the accent. Mickeys, though...........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.