General Videogame Thread

You haven't played Fifa for years and you believe Pes has taken over again? When has Pes ever been better than Fifa? Both of them are Broken games imo but Fifa shades it for me.

That’s based purely on reviews from Amazon and IGN.

When has Pes ever been better than Fifa?
1994 to 2006.

Just finished Last Of Us Remaster (PS4 Pro). Great game. Slick as you like, good gunplay and decent dialogue / characters.

You haven't played Fifa for years and you believe Pes has taken over again? When has Pes ever been better than Fifa? Both of them are Broken games imo but Fifa shades it for me.

PES was the daddy for many years in the 2000s just licenses and lack of invention caused it to stagnate. Fifa is shit, I could grab a copy tomorrow and get into Division 1 quite easy as it just stays the same there will just be a certain way most goals are scored.

PES was so good for random goals and putting your own style on a match, shame what happened to it. Gone to far behind now to ever recover.

How is Pro Evo compared to FIFA nowadays in terms of gameplay? I haven't bought a FIFA title since 2016, i'd had enough of the pay to win model. Is MyClub like Ultimate Team?
PES 2018 is superb; one of the best footy games I've played in a long while.

I went off the series during the PS3 days, and also found FIFA to be fairly dull (bar FIFA 10), so I'd been without a footy game for a while (stuck with PES6 for years). I had PES 2015 and 2016; both were good but lacking something. 2018, however, feels like it has that je ne sais quoi.

The best compliment I can give it is that it has regained its feeling from the PS2 days; the kind of perfect blend of arcade and simulation. It's fun without being easy; teams and players feel unique and there's a lot of nuance to it. You feel like you earn your goals and are at fault for what you concede.

I actually had FIFA 18 at first as someone gave it to me as a gift, but after a few days of playing it I swapped it for PES and it was the right decision.

PES2018 is quite possibly the best PES ever made, although I haven't taken it online(myclub and player packs-gambling, no thanks) and the AI does you dirty far too often on the highest difficulty level(Legendary is not worth putting yourself through... Superstar is about right for veteran players) the important thing is it remains challenging and doesn't let you get lazy with your tactics very often which keeps games from playing out the same.

If you are happy with offline play(master league is plenty for me) you can add in all the official, kits, names, updated faces and so on via patches and DLC packs(PC version). PES Patch
PTE Patch, is my personal preference and has most of what you'd want.

Last edited:
I know there was a period where Fifa was the superior game but PES has returned to form over the past few years.

If you can overlook its lack of licenses, it’s well worth £20 for those who enjoy footie games.

Haven't bought a FIFA game for about 4 years now as they just became unplayable. Don't know how they continue to command so much love as they are absolutely awful attempts at a realistic football game. If you're advertising campaign is centered around adding a new trick that literally no one does in real life, you know you're taking the piss. I'm a mainly offline player and honestly it felt like they deliberately crippled offline play to force people online to get that Ultimate team cash

If you can overlook its lack of licenses, it’s well worth £20 for those who enjoy footie games.
Easily fixed, too, by downloading an option file (on PS4 at least). Takes about 30 mins and instructions need to be carefully followed, but well worth the effort.

If you are happy with offline play(master league is plenty for me) you can add in all the official, kits, names, updated faces and so on via patches and DLC packs(PC version). PES Patch
PTE Patch, is my personal preference and has most of what you'd want.
I'd add the PesWorld one to you recommendation - really good and it's free, unlike PESFan and some others.

Haven't bought a FIFA game for about 4 years now as they just became unplayable. Don't know how they continue to command so much love as they are absolutely awful attempts at a realistic football game. If you're advertising campaign is centered around adding a new trick that literally no one does in real life, you know you're taking the piss. I'm a mainly offline player and honestly it felt like they deliberately crippled offline play to force people online to get that Ultimate team cash

EA are well known in the gaming market of being massive cash whores.

Everything they touch turns into shit for us, but massive amounts of cash for them.

People are highly anticipating Bioware's Anthem, which will be at E3 this year, but the fact it's got EA's logo plastered all over the place, I can 99.9% guarantee that it's going to be fucking wank.

EA are well known in the gaming market of being massive cash whores.

Everything they touch turns into shit for us, but massive amounts of cash for them.

People are highly anticipating Bioware's Anthem, which will be at E3 this year, but the fact it's got EA's logo plastered all over the place, I can 99.9% guarantee that it's going to be fucking wank.
I still hate them for ruining the new battlefronts, not a patch on the old ones

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.