City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shahid Khan claims that he'll need to spend some money on Wembley in the near future to keep it modern. Old Trafford looks dated despite being completely revamped. It doesn't seem that new stadia "last". Perhaps the strategy should be a rolling programme so that one stand is replaced at 7-10 yearly intervals?

Bus back to Manchester City centre is doable in 20 minutes but if City added 10,000 seats or so, we might hit a tipping point when suddenly all the traffic snarls up. It wont be a linear effect. It will be smooth flow, and then gridlock at a certain point
What do you mean "Suddenly"?
It is totally snarled up.
The Council don't adjust traffic flows within a mile and a half of the ground to force people to use use non-existant public transport

Shahid Khan claims that he'll need to spend some money on Wembley in the near future to keep it modern. Old Trafford looks dated despite being completely revamped. It doesn't seem that new stadia "last". Perhaps the strategy should be a rolling programme so that one stand is replaced at 7-10 yearly intervals?

Tbf, he probably means more modern facilities for clueless twats to stand around posing, taking selfies & talking shite plus maintaining a tourist attraction for all the areas normal fans can't get tickets for.

all the people moaning about the metro,what did you do before it arrived ?
But that's not the point is it?
The amount of times I've seen 4 carriages traveling along those tramlines empty through the week, yet match day a two carriage tram pops up with a thousand people at the stop, or just to piss you off they send through a not in service tram while your all waiting there with the driver laughing his bollocks off. Whoever's running that set-up wants fuckin.

Tbf, he probably means more modern facilities for clueless twats to stand around posing, taking selfies & talking shite plus maintaining a tourist attraction for all the areas normal fans can't get tickets for.
Also i think the exterior of Wembley is pretty poor considering what they spent and when you look at some of the new stadiums with these wraps around them that light up in all different colours, Wembley looks very dated already.

Shahid Khan claims that he'll need to spend some money on Wembley in the near future to keep it modern. Old Trafford looks dated despite being completely revamped. It doesn't seem that new stadia "last". Perhaps the strategy should be a rolling programme so that one stand is replaced at 7-10 yearly intervals?[?/QUOTE]
7-10 years? A stand should last 50 years with good maintenance The cost of the South Stand was over £100M and that was only an additional tier its not viable to replace in your suggested time scale it would also mean every couple of years a new stand being built Proper maintenance and updating is what is needed Juat look at the difference between the Etihad when it opened and now regardless of the south stand

Impossible time scale, stand should last 50 years, would mena new stand being built every couple of years not practicable What is needed is good maintenance and upgrading look at the difference between the Etihad when it opened and now regardless of the South Stand which cost over £100M just to add a tier

What do you mean "Suddenly"?
It is totally snarled up.
The Council don't adjust traffic flows within a mile and a half of the ground to force people to use use non-existant public transport
Well not for the buses. I leave home an hour before KO and I am back home an hour after often before that. Perhaps your experience is car travel and getting out of car parks, but buses into and from the ground works really well. I use it every game now. I said just the opposite when the metrolink was under construction so I have no angle in this. In my experience (216 bus), it's good. I'd walk otherwise.

Well not for the buses. I leave home an hour before KO and I am back home an hour after often before that. Perhaps your experience is car travel and getting out of car parks, but buses into and from the ground works really well. I use it every game now. I said just the opposite when the metrolink was under construction so I have no angle in this. In my experience (216 bus), it's good. I'd walk otherwise.
Metrolink is so shite it may as well not bother.
I walk to Piccadilly then train to where my car is parked unless the Motorway make my journey 3 hours where I drive to one of 3 car parks.
Don't use the North Car Park as it takes an hour to get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.