Roberto Mancini - next Italy manager

I can never understand why any City fan can say anything other than great things about him. Mark Hughes doesn’t get as much abuse on here.

Fully agree with your comments on Mancini. Mark Hughes doesn't get any praise on here either.

Well, we've qualified from our group 5 times in a row, including 2 wins, so best not to bring up Bobby's CL record here.

I wasn't hailing Mancini's record in Europe, just saying it hasn't exactly got an awful lot better since he left. Thats despite £780m being spent since he left (according to this). In my opinion if he had received that level of support he would have at least been able to match our achievements since he left, and perhaps done a bit better. We will never know though.

Good luck to Bobby.

By all accounts he had his faults whilst at City, and some players ended up not keen on him, but make absolutely no mistake, the City we enjoy today would not have happened without him.

He took a club that had all the money in the world but still carried an entirely understandable inferiority complex into games against the elite teams and turned it into a team that believed in itself.

The cup semi against United was the moment city stood up to the cabal, the media darlings, the entire British football establishment and said “we’re coming for you, ready or not”.
The next season his force of will was vital in overcoming an 8 point lead with six games to go to give us our greatest ever moment. Some people have never forgiven him for that.

Pep is on a different level to Mancini of course and thank god we have him, but our greatness today is due in part to the groundwork put in by Mancini.

I can never understand why any City fan can say anything other than great things about him. Mark Hughes doesn’t get as much abuse on here.

We should build a statue of him.

I hope he does well. For him. And so he can ram the abuse down the throats of those who cannot forgive him for making City a success.
Here, Here!

Under Bobby's stewardship we had the greatest moment in our Clubs history, in the history of the Premier League and in the history of English football.

Aguerooooooooooooooooo!

Bit surprised he keeps getting good jobs tbh, but good luck to him, maybe he can turn his career and the Italian national team around. He'd look glorious wearing a scarf in Qatar

Think this is and has been a big wish of his. So finally he will be the manager of the Italian national team. I hope he does well. Like I always want him to do well. Absolutely great memories when he was a City manager, but I never disagreed with the sacking other than the timing that was totally rubbish. He needed to leave though.

Good luck to Bobby.

By all accounts he had his faults whilst at City, and some players ended up not keen on him, but make absolutely no mistake, the City we enjoy today would not have happened without him.

He took a club that had all the money in the world but still carried an entirely understandable inferiority complex into games against the elite teams and turned it into a team that believed in itself.

The cup semi against United was the moment city stood up to the cabal, the media darlings, the entire British football establishment and said “we’re coming for you, ready or not”.
The next season his force of will was vital in overcoming an 8 point lead with six games to go to give us our greatest ever moment. Some people have never forgiven him for that.

Pep is on a different level to Mancini of course and thank god we have him, but our greatness today is due in part to the groundwork put in by Mancini.

We should build a statue of him.

I hope he does well. For him. And so he can ram the abuse down the throats of those who cannot forgive him for making City a success.
Spot on, Roberto was a key part of our rise from mediocrity - yes he could be abrasive and arrogant at times but we needed someone with the force of personality to instil some sort of winning mentality at the club and Mancini fitted that job description perfectly. Good luck to him.

Bobby will always be a City legend after his first interview when he said he would tear down the Rags banner. He was just what we needed at that moment (though perhaps not for the long-term)

Think this is and has been a big wish of his. So finally he will be the manager of the Italian national team. I hope he does well. Like I always want him to do well. Absolutely great memories when he was a City manager, but I never disagreed with the sacking other than the timing that was totally rubbish. He needed to leave though.

His time was up but the seasons before were fantastic! I've been around for many City managers and I'd put him at Number 3 after Pep and Joe Mercer!

19 home games. 18 wins, one draw. FA cup winner. League title winner. Clearly an out and out failure. I can see why you’re embittered though. I would be too if Rhyll Sea Life Centre was the best life had to offer you.

Good response to a rag troll. Bobby is an all time hero to any proper City fan. He may have had some flaws but he delivered big style. II would love him to be successful if he takes the Italy job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.