Roberto Mancini - next Italy manager

Well, we've qualified from our group 5 times in a row, including 2 wins, so best not to bring up Bobby's CL record here.
Certainly progress on 3 points from 6 games.

I think he's suited to the International gig. He'll get the players motivated, but the long gaps between internationals should allow any tensions to dissolve.

Well, we've qualified from our group 5 times in a row, including 2 wins, so best not to bring up Bobby's CL record here.

The qualified from the group cup is the one they all want for sure. Anyhow good luck bobby it will be nice to watch a tournament and be able to root for a team again.

Will be overseeing a change of the guard I imagine in terms of players and perhaps even the system. Mancini’s football could be very very effective in Cup competitions. Might have a cheeky bet on them to win the euros.

Will be overseeing a change of the guard I imagine in terms of players and perhaps even the system. Mancini’s football could be very very effective in Cup competitions. Might have a cheeky bet on them to win the euros.
Good shout as he is a brilliant, brilliant winner of cups. Also, only getting the players for short periods of time means he probably won’t be falling out with them quite so much. I think it’ll be a hugely successful appointment (and I predicted Zabba would score our 100th goal)!

mancini is ready for international football and italy need to build quick and with very little time in euro 2020 qualification coming up needs to bring back mario

Constant failure in Europe, a humiliating FA Cup Final defeat, numerous sackings (I’ve not bothered checking what happened in Russia) and awful man management skills including the Tevez and Balotelli car crashes.

He’s a deeply arrogant man and won’t last with the pressure cooker job of managing his country. To see numerous Blues with no interest in England wishing Italy well is sickening. And that comes from a Wales fan.

19 home games. 18 wins, one draw. FA cup winner. League title winner. Clearly an out and out failure. I can see why you’re embittered though. I would be too if Rhyll Sea Life Centre was the best life had to offer you.

Good luck to Bobby.

By all accounts he had his faults whilst at City, and some players ended up not keen on him, but make absolutely no mistake, the City we enjoy today would not have happened without him.

He took a club that had all the money in the world but still carried an entirely understandable inferiority complex into games against the elite teams and turned it into a team that believed in itself.

The cup semi against United was the moment city stood up to the cabal, the media darlings, the entire British football establishment and said “we’re coming for you, ready or not”.
The next season his force of will was vital in overcoming an 8 point lead with six games to go to give us our greatest ever moment. Some people have never forgiven him for that.

Pep is on a different level to Mancini of course and thank god we have him, but our greatness today is due in part to the groundwork put in by Mancini.

I can never understand why any City fan can say anything other than great things about him. Mark Hughes doesn’t get as much abuse on here.

We should build a statue of him.

I hope he does well. For him. And so he can ram the abuse down the throats of those who cannot forgive him for making City a success.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.