Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, he's in the 2nd tier with Otamendi, and Sane. Even though he enjoys that mythical love the English have for players who generally play DM.
Great now you’re gonna attract Neville to this thread and have him derail it again.

Pep on Sterling's contract situation: "The club, the chairman and myself want him to stay as long as possible."

I think from Sterling's point of view this contract renewal comes a bit too early.

If it was happening next year, after another year of improvement, he'd be a bona fide world class player, the perfect age for a massive transfer, and probably getting a few enquiries from the likes of Real, Barca, PSG. As such he could demand a monumental contract at the negotating table and it would be a Soriano having to keep hold of him with a new deal.

As things are now though, he's not quite there,. He's on his way, but so far it's been 1 excellent season and needs to be backed up. I'm sure everyone at City thinks he's a great player and want him to stay, but he's not irreplaceable yet if he were to fuck about.

So I assume his team are hoping a good world cup and a blistering start to next season will move the balance of power a bit more in his favour and let them negotiate a better deal.

Only 2 years left on his contract understand why he says he wants to wait till after the World Cup, so after World Cup we need to get it sorted or we have to sell him can’t afford to let any player of his calibra go for nowt.

I think from Sterling's point of view this contract renewal comes a bit too early.

If it was happening next year, after another year of improvement, he'd be a bona fide world class player, the perfect age for a massive transfer, and probably getting a few enquiries from the likes of Real, Barca, PSG. As such he could demand a monumental contract at the negotating table and it would be a Soriano having to keep hold of him with a new deal.

As things are now though, he's not quite there,. He's on his way, but so far it's been 1 excellent season and needs to be backed up. I'm sure everyone at City thinks he's a great player and want him to stay, but he's not irreplaceable yet if he were to fuck about.

So I assume his team are hoping a good world cup and a blistering start to next season will move the balance of power a bit more in his favour and let them negotiate a better deal.
Exactly how I see it. This is just agent and club negotiating and playing hardball. When push comes to shove, I'm sure he'll sign. Why wouldn't he at this point? Same with Gabriel Jesus

Can't see him wanting to go anywhere else,he is in a tight group with the other english lads and he has pep as his manager,he has 2 yrs left so if he adds 2 more to that we'll all be happy,he can be one of the next group of beloved players here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.