Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is mustard, his touch is otherworldly and he knows where the net is

Not sure if he will move to the midfield ,didnt see him there once this season.What are you guys thinking?

I think when Pep said David would play less next season people naturally assumed that Bernardo was taking over, but I'm pretty sure he meant that Gundogan would play more next to Kevin, probably because they are the same age so they can be the midfield duo for the next 6 or 7 years.

I think in terms of whether Bernardo can play wide, he can but it's just different to Sane. It would be similar to Sterling who has drifted centrally like a second striker.

Bernardo's finish against Brighton was seriously giving me Messi vibes, just simply THE WAY he hit it reminded me of Messi. If we can keep him in central attacking positions where he can finish the ball, combined with his amazingly close ball control, he can seriously challenge Sterling for the RW spot. Remember that Danilo or Walker can easily stay wide to let Bernardo come inside.

I think when Pep said David would play less next season people naturally assumed that Bernardo was taking over, but I'm pretty sure he meant that Gundogan would play more next to Kevin, probably because they are the same age so they can be the midfield duo for the next 6 or 7 years.
I hope not, I love Ilkay as a squad player, but I just don't think he's good enough to regularly start for a team trying to win the CL.

I hope not, I love Ilkay as a squad player, but I just don't think he's good enough to regularly start for a team trying to win the CL.
I think it will be okay as we transition more to a team with fullbacks high and wide and wingers coming inside.

Our current system with wide wingers and fullbacks coming inside meant David had soo much attacking freedom and we relied on him, then we expected Gundogan to be that kind of attacking player. While Gundogan has some good attacking qualities he is better when he plays deeper in a more box-to-box role.

If we have wingers coming inside with fullbacks high and wide, then Gundogan's attacking role is not required so much because the wingers can do more of that job, and he can sit back and dictate from deep and allow the fullbacks and wingers to combine more instead of the usual David-Sane connection, we will probably see the Mendy-Sane connection.

Good point
No it's not a good point. We're trying to sign Sanchez to play in the same positions as Sane/Sterling last summer, before Bernardo had played a single minute for City. Nothing has changed. Bernardo will be transitioned into the Silva role starting next season but it will take time. And the other obvious thing is that Sane is still very raw. He went through a couple of months this season (Nov-Dev) without a scoring a single goal. And in the last 4-5 months, he's scored 4 goals in the league. That's natural because he's still young. So we need good backups. We can't go into next season challenging for 4 trophies, hoping that our primary goal threats are not completely out of form.

I think in terms of whether Bernardo can play wide, he can but it's just different to Sane. It would be similar to Sterling who has drifted centrally like a second striker.

Bernardo's finish against Brighton was seriously giving me Messi vibes, just simply THE WAY he hit it reminded me of Messi. If we can keep him in central attacking positions where he can finish the ball, combined with his amazingly close ball control, he can seriously challenge Sterling for the RW spot. Remember that Danilo or Walker can easily stay wide to let Bernardo come inside.

I still think Bernardo would be best suited in the strikers position. Pep tried him there against Cardiff and he was unplayable until we had to change system when Sane went off.

Pep on Bernardo: "As long as I am the coach of Manchester City, he is never going anywhere. As a person, what can i say? I always enjoy working with good people and he is one of them. It is difficult to find anyone better than Bernardo Silva."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.