City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
how about...
2 points for attending a game (swiping in), 1 point for leaving after the full-time (tap out on exit).
-3 points for missing a game (not swiping in), no penalty if you upload to ticket exchange for your first 5 games, if you upload to ticket exchange for more than 5 games you'll only get 1 point back (so lose 2), as you're missing too many games.

You will also get bonus points for attending a sequence of games, so if you attend 5 games in a row, you get 5 extra points, 10 games, 10 points etc. You could also do bonus points for cup schemes and midweek games.

If you end up with a positive points score, you get those points as a discount against your season card. So you attend all 19 games, you get £57 deducted off your season ticket. (19 x 2 points plus a 19 game sequence).
If you end up with a negative score, then the penalties could range from being frozen out from purchasing away tickets for a season, an increase on your seasoncard price etc. That way you're incentivised to have your card used and your seat filled, and you have to pay more to keep it empty.

Good post.
And the first concrete examples of what could be put in place.
My concern is that if some one gets a critical illness or is involved in a car accident for example and can't attend - should they be penalised?
I think the answer is 'no' of course not but how is that going to be policed?

Good post.
And the first concrete examples of what could be put in place.
My concern is that if some one gets a critical illness or is involved in a car accident for example and can't attend - should they be penalised?
I think the answer is 'no' of course not but how is that going to be policed?
Great idea but impossible to police leaving the stadium. Ticket prices on the whole are way to dear people buy the season ticket to get a better deal

Great idea but impossible to police leaving the stadium. Ticket prices on the whole are way to dear people buy the season ticket to get a better deal

you just tap out like you would at the underground or metro. If you don't then that's your own problem, not the club's.

RE: car accidents etc. I think special dispensations and the like just create the minefield discussed previously with the "who'll be the judge of that?" conundrum. Sometimes you just have bad luck and end up missing a game, it would be the same for everybody. If you had a longer-term medical problem or issue that was documented and you would end up going over your 5 games, then that could be submitted to the club as dispensation, but an on the day mishap I think would just have to be bad luck.

you just tap out like you would at the underground or metro. If you don't then that's your own problem, not the club's.

RE: car accidents etc. I think special dispensations and the like just create the minefield discussed previously with the "who'll be the judge of that?" conundrum. Sometimes you just have bad luck and end up missing a game, it would be the same for everybody. If you had a longer-term medical problem or issue that was documented and you would end up going over your 5 games, then that could be submitted to the club as dispensation, but an on the day mishap I think would just have to be bad luck.

I will just say again, all these suggestions are ridiculous. They are solving an imaginary problem. If any are introduced it would penalise people for no reason whatsoever.
I have been a regular for over 40 years, but if the club start doing this shit, then I would probably stop going. I also know I am not the only one.

I will just say again, all these suggestions are ridiculous. They are solving an imaginary problem. If any are introduced it would penalise people for no reason whatsoever.
I have been a regular for over 40 years, but if the club start doing this shit, then I would probably stop going. I also know I am not the only one.

you put a bum on every seat in that stadium for every game then. Go on.

I have posted before that I dont see atmosphere as a problem, therefore this is just vindictive nonsense.
How about we leave the system as it is and support the team?

To me it smacks of someone wanting to decide who is a "top fan" and punishing those they dont think measure up.

so you think a barely half-full stadium for Yaya's farewell is acceptable?

it was more than half full, but even if was a quarter full, yes its acceptable.

why do you think its unacceptable?

because people should show up when they've bought tickets, and you know, support the team, or at least manage to fill that seat. People have loaned a seat for a season off the club, they should fill it.

There's some good points being made and also some really duff ones. This thread has slowly evolved into a "attendance" type thread which is fair enough I suppose. There's a couple of debates going on at the moment and they all link together. Expansion, empty seats, pricing etc. People not turning up will always happen and I don't think they should be punished, but I hate empty seats.What I noticed on Wed was clusters of empty seats all over the show, that's clearly not due to a rail strike. If I didn't have a SC, I wouldn't be paying for matchday tickets regularly with the ridiculous prices being charged. I think the whole set up needs reviewing starting this summer and throughout next season so the club can design a clear ticketing strategy for years. One thing is clear for me though, why expand if there will just be more empty seats? That just isn't logical or business savvy.

it was more than half full, but even if was a quarter full, yes its acceptable.

why do you think its unacceptable?
I only saw it on my pc stream but it looked fairly full to me for most of it. I'm sure at 10.00pm people had to make their way home, don't know what the fuss is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.