City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you give me an example of the abuse I have given you please ? The other guy is a showoff trying to score points & deserves it.

The details of exactly how many & how much, would have to be very carefully worked out & I don't have time to do it.

And you don't need an acceptable reason for missing a game, as I keep pointing out, you make your ticket available. Please read what I have already posted.

It would be easy enough & make more sense than the current points system, just require work, which I am not being paid for.

But why just implement such a system for the lower tier? Why should someone who sits in their be penalised for non attendance when someone in levels 2 or 3 can't be arsed to turn up for a game for whatever reason but that is deemed OK? How could such a system be deemed fair and equitable? You really haven't given this any thought.

Can you give me an example of the abuse I have given you please ? The other guy is a showoff trying to score points & deserves it.

The details of exactly how many & how much, would have to be very carefully worked out & I don't have time to do it.

And you don't need an acceptable reason for missing a game, as I keep pointing out, you make your ticket available. Please read what I have already posted.

It would be easy enough & make more sense than the current points system, just require work, which I am not being paid for.

I like how you admit to giving me abuse. Im not trying to score points and i was just questioning your theory..after all this is a forum and this is a debate. Your inability to answer mine or @Bert Trautmanns Helemet questions on the logic of the of your idea shows how many holes there are in your theory and by swearing repeatedly at me shows how much of a keyboard fool you really are. is that how you act on the street? Just admit your idea completely unrealistic so we can all get on with our day.

According to Soriano in his book "The Ball Doesn't go in by Chance", this was a problem he and Txiki wrestled with during their tenure at Barca and found that the issue was so multi-faceted that they were unable to come up with a solution.

The majority seem to accept we have an issue with people not turning up to games, and the only logical way we can resolve this is to either reward the ones that attend or penalise the ones that don't. One of the causes of the problem is that the club are already offering competitively priced season tickets, so I think its unlikely they will want to give further financial incentives for people to attend and therefore penalising the ones that dont is more likely. Whilst some may argue the club wont be arsed if people are turning up because they've paid already, I can guarantee they'll assume an average spend of every matchgoer at each game and they'll be missing out on as a result. They would much rather give your ticket to a tourist who will drop a tonne in the club shop on the same day.

Bayern Munich's policy is that if your ticket is used in less than 60% of games in a season, you don't get one the following season. Thats more than fair, and it would be higher if I had my way. If you can't attend personally, put your seat on the exchange or give it a mate, just make sure it gets used.

I have sat in my own seat about 14 times out of 19 league games this season, but my seat has been occupied for all 19 games. I've had 2 weddings, 1 stag do abroad, had tickets in hospitality through work, and I missed one due to a severe hangover. We're the best team in the country playing football from another planet and its been very easy to give my ticket away. The weddings and the stag do were known about well in advance so I could have put them on the exchange very easily if I couldn't have found someone else to take them.

But why just implement such a system for the lower tier? Why should someone who sits in their be penalised for non attendance when someone in levels 2 or 3 can't be arsed to turn up for a game for whatever reason but that is deemed OK? How could such a system be deemed fair and equitable? You really haven't given this any thought.
Without wanting to speak for others, I presume its because (hospitality sections aside) the problem is most visible in Level 1. However I think it should be introduced in every area.

I like how you admit to giving me abuse. Im not trying to score points and i was just questioning your theory..after all this is a forum and this is a debate. Your inability to answer mine or @Bert Trautmanns Helemet questions on the logic of the of your idea shows how many holes there are in your theory and by swearing repeatedly at me shows how much of a keyboard fool you really are. is that how you act on the street? Just admit your idea completely unrealistic so we can all get on with our day.

He gave you abuse because your responses came across snarky, and passive aggressive. Whilst it can be hard to determine intended tone from written language at times, calling him a "keyboard fool" pretty much confirmed it and I don't think you're in a position to take the moral high ground on your exchanges.

Whats your solution to the problem? Or are you one of those that dont think its a problem?

While I agree that a full stadium is best, Maine Road was hardly ever full pre 1994. It's capacity for most of the 70s and 80s was in excess of 50,000 but averages were as low as 21,922 at times. We often talk about the great atmosphere at games such as Huddersfield 10-1 but that attracted 19,583 - less than half capacity. The 1986 Manchester derby was watched by only 32,440 (it was on telly) in a 52,600 capacity stadium and no one ever claimed that atmosphere was poor at the time. So what I'm saying is if crowds less than half the capacity at Maine Road could make a great atmosphere then much larger crowds in the Etihad should be better. It's not the number of people or visibility of empty seats that's the issue it's the ability/willingness of people to make noise.

Worth remembering that MUFC had never attracted support anywhere near their current capacity and that their average was 36,000 in a 56,000 capacity stadium in 1988 and a decade later their average was 55000 (near capacity) and they had to rethink their plans, expanding to 68,000 by 2000. No one ever expected their support to rocket like that but success and global interest made it happen. The same happened with Arsenal 23,000 in 1986 (we were 24,000).
To be honest I always thought that when Maine road had a capacity of over 50,000 it needed a minimum of over 35,000 to create a really good atmosphere. And obviously standing improved the atmosphere, not only because people made more noise but also because they could spread out a bit so the gaps weren’t as obvious

how about...
2 points for attending a game (swiping in), 1 point for leaving after the full-time (tap out on exit).
-3 points for missing a game (not swiping in), no penalty if you upload to ticket exchange for your first 5 games, if you upload to ticket exchange for more than 5 games you'll only get 1 point back (so lose 2), as you're missing too many games.

You will also get bonus points for attending a sequence of games, so if you attend 5 games in a row, you get 5 extra points, 10 games, 10 points etc. You could also do bonus points for cup schemes and midweek games.

If you end up with a positive points score, you get those points as a discount against your season card. So you attend all 19 games, you get £57 deducted off your season ticket. (19 x 2 points plus a 19 game sequence).
If you end up with a negative score, then the penalties could range from being frozen out from purchasing away tickets for a season, an increase on your seasoncard price etc. That way you're incentivised to have your card used and your seat filled, and you have to pay more to keep it empty.

The majority seem to accept we have an issue with people not turning up to games, and the only logical way we can resolve this is to either reward the ones that attend or penalise the ones that don't. One of the causes of the problem is that the club are already offering competitively priced season tickets, so I think its unlikely they will want to give further financial incentives for people to attend and therefore penalising the ones that dont is more likely. Whilst some may argue the club wont be arsed if people are turning up because they've paid already, I can guarantee they'll assume an average spend of every matchgoer at each game and they'll be missing out on as a result. They would much rather give your ticket to a tourist who will drop a tonne in the club shop on the same day.

Bayern Munich's policy is that if your ticket is used in less than 60% of games in a season, you don't get one the following season. Thats more than fair, and it would be higher if I had my way. If you can't attend personally, put your seat on the exchange or give it a mate, just make sure it gets used.

I have sat in my own seat about 14 times out of 19 league games this season, but my seat has been occupied for all 19 games. I've had 2 weddings, 1 stag do abroad, had tickets in hospitality through work, and I missed one due to a severe hangover. We're the best team in the country playing football from another planet and its been very easy to give my ticket away. The weddings and the stag do were known about well in advance so I could have put them on the exchange very easily if I couldn't have found someone else to take them.

Without wanting to speak for others, I presume its because (hospitality sections aside) the problem is most visible in Level 1. However I think it should be introduced in every area.

OK - no problem. But just what would we introduce and how would it be policed?
These and the other questions I have asked in previous posts are required to be answered.
People seem to want empty seats punished but the dilemma is how is this done and on what grounds
is the 'punishment' dished out? I genuinely would like to hear other posters ideas and thoughts but
any form of detail appears to sadly lacking. I would suggest this is due to its complexity.
As a previous poster stated Barca had the same problem but kicked it into the long grass because it was just
to damn difficult to resolve. A lot of clubs have the same problem but no one to date has come up with a fair and workable
solution. There is a reason for that.

how about...
2 points for attending a game (swiping in), 1 point for leaving after the full-time (tap out on exit).
-3 points for missing a game (not swiping in), no penalty if you upload to ticket exchange for your first 5 games, if you upload to ticket exchange for more than 5 games you'll only get 1 point back (so lose 2), as you're missing too many games.

You will also get bonus points for attending a sequence of games, so if you attend 5 games in a row, you get 5 extra points, 10 games, 10 points etc. You could also do bonus points for cup schemes and midweek games.

If you end up with a positive points score, you get those points as a discount against your season card. So you attend all 19 games, you get £57 deducted off your season ticket. (19 x 2 points plus a 19 game sequence).
If you end up with a negative score, then the penalties could range from being frozen out from purchasing away tickets for a season, an increase on your seasoncard price etc. That way you're incentivised to have your card used and your seat filled, and you have to pay more to keep it empty.

I have posted before that I dont see atmosphere as a problem, therefore this is just vindictive nonsense.
How about we leave the system as it is and support the team?

To me it smacks of someone wanting to decide who is a "top fan" and punishing those they dont think measure up.

He gave you abuse because your responses came across snarky, and passive aggressive. Whilst it can be hard to determine intended tone from written language at times, calling him a "keyboard fool" pretty much confirmed it and I don't think you're in a position to take the moral high ground on your exchanges.

Whats your solution to the problem? Or are you one of those that dont think its a problem?

When i called the idea silly and offered some rationale suggestions and thoughts on the subject, i was swore at. Plus me and another poster asked for answers or feedback, we didnt get it and more abuse.

Yes, i can see some disincentives for missing games like cut the loyalty points but that is the only solution i can see that wont cause mass upset. I didnt realise Munich have a scheme in place and i wonder how the fans feel about it. If you fell just below that threshold of 60% for whatever reason and were suddenly binned by the club you would feel pretty upset about it. I know i would unless you can justify different reasons for missing 40% of games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.