Who Will Win the World Cup?

Haven't got a clue and don't really care as it's going to be several skill levels below what I've been watching this season. But I'll still have the telly on most of the time.
I'd love it (as KK might say) if Sterling got a hat-trick to win it for us and finally stuff it to the twunts in the media.

Grow a set of full backs and a manager?
They have good full backs (Meunier and Jordan Lukaku of PSG and Lazio), the managers just insist on playing centre halves out of position to accommodate the big names.

Spain are stacked in midfield: Busquets, Javi Martinez, Iniesta, David Silva, Thiago, Koke, Saul, Isco and Asensio. They should be banned to make it fair for everyone yes

I think Germany are well balanced but cannot see them winning it. France are exciting but depends on squad harmony and getting the balance of the side right. Spain are quality as ever but maybe lack the pace due to the age of some of their players now and amount of football they have played in past seasons.

Brazil for me are favourites and have options in each position. Alves is a miss but Danilo is now in so hope he does well. I think Belgium lack a bit of depth and due to them playing in England mainly will be a bit burnt out. Still expect them to get to latter stages.

I think England can win it. Genuinely. We have a balanced side that is full of pace and energy and is young enough to cope after the season they have had. Most have had a rest during the season anyway and it is not like squads of old when our core had played 50plus games. I think we have a side built for tournament football. I know I sound crazy but I think it is typical of this nation to finally expect shite and perform. Just like the Olympics - we all were surprised it was so good! I think we will win a penalty shootout and get to the semi finals at least.

Sorry to put a downer of things but England have no chance. England are likely to play one of Poland or Colombia in the last 16 if England get through the group. England against Poland would be 50:50 but England against Colombia would be 70:30 to Colombia. James is in his best form since the last World Cup and would do dirty things to the England midfield and send Henderson back to Sunderland :)

Bloomberg-graph-768x975.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.