Eden Hazard

Absolute class but also capable of doing fuck all and being a right mardarse. If he was willing to put the graft in for Pep, it's a no brainer, he'd win the ballon d'or and we'd win it all.

Be amazed if Chelsea sold to us tho.

Bernardo hasn't really gotten time ahead of Sterling though. If you're naming our best XI with everyone fit, Sterling is in it, not B. Silva who definitely played second fiddle, starting half as many league games as sterling (29 vs 15).

I think there might potentially be a chance that Sané gets a bit put out if we go and buy Hazard because if he comes, Hazard is going to play every game or near enough. He'll be like KDB and Silva - he'll have a regular spot in the starting XI and Sané may get relegated to a similar role to Bernardo's this season, or best case scenario a 50/50 share like Aguero/Jesus.

It'll definitely be a change for Sané, he may have to move around more to get games, he might start seeing a lot more sub appearances rather than starts, he will find that he's not immediately in that starting XI for the first time since December 2016 really, and that might cause problems.

At this point however, I think we just have to trust Pep to get it right, manage the squad to keep them happy and to make the right selection decisions.

I think Hazard would move about the front five most and settle in Silva's spot. People fret about what will happen when Silva leaves; I think the solution could be Hazard. The bigger problem than replacing Merlin in this instance is persuading Chelsea to sell to City.

Players don’t go for “what they are worth” the market as blew up, Courtinho wasn’t worth 100+ million, neither was Dembele. Hazard better then both of them. Hazard for years as had defensive minded managers. Imagine him in a team that attacks
I think you missed that one.

I think Hazard would move about the front five most and settle in Silva's spot. People fret about what will happen when Silva leaves; I think the solution could be Hazard. The bigger problem than replacing Merlin in this instance is persuading Chelsea to sell to City.

In the next couple of years we’re gonna need to find replacements for Fernandinho, Dave, Vinny and Sergio. Given that I can’t imagine Chelsea accepting anything less than about £150m for Hazard, we’d be potentially looking at a level of funding beyond even our FFP restricted means

Hazard wouldn't move about much. When you buy a player for that much money, and they're an automatic starter, they find a place where they fit and stay there. No one plays at their best when they're constantly moving around.

He might start at LW and make a switch to being central when Silva goes or stops being a starter, but he won't move around every week IMO, Pep doesn't do that to his best players.

For such a high price, I would worry about how many seasons he has left at/near his peak. Two, maybe?

I imagine Pep is breathing a huge sigh of relief that we missed out on Sanchez.

In the next couple of years we’re gonna need to find replacements for Fernandinho, Dave, Vinny and Sergio. Given that I can’t imagine Chelsea accepting anything less than about £150m for Hazard, we’d be potentially looking at a level of funding beyond even our FFP restricted means

Not every replacement has to be at that sort of money.

We need to stick the knife into the rest of the league now, we've wasted the opportunity to do so in the past; now is the time to strengthen a title winning team good and proper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.