Fred
Jorginho
Weigl

Winger / Forward:
Mahrez
Zaha
Bailey
Hazard
(Greiszmann would be the dream, but I don't think it's feasible)

I'll narrow it down further and suggest it will be Jorginho and one of Mahrez or Hazard.

Great interview.This club is so well run,we are in the best hands,as is evidenced by our on and off field activity.

It keeps getting said,and i won't apologise for doing so again.....but we are so,so lucky :-))

The Sheikh, Khaldoon, Soriano, Begeristain and Guardiola.

Intellect,drive, professionalism and decency. There can be no better hierarchy in world football. Finally, our time has truly come.

Add Kompany too. I don't think in the history of football we have seen this level of class and intellect from the owner down to club captain and how aligned they all seem to be.

Quite a list! :-)

I think we can still improve not only in replacements but also in what is extracted from those present. I remember 2012-2013 and that feeling when one of Silva/Nasri/Toure was out that we simply dropped a level, sometimes two or three, in their absence. The gulf was as evident to those on the pitch as it was to those watching. Even now, take Silva out of the midfield and to me we look far less potent. In that respect, I think that we'll want to see marked improvements in other players next season (e.g. Bernardo and Gundogan) and have them put increased pressure on de Bruyne and Silva.

For what it's worth, not much I concede, if shopping I'd take 2 to 3 out of de Ligt, de Jong, Jorginho, Mahrez. I'd settle for the first three.

I'd prefer 2 or 3 of Hazard, Lewandowski, Fabinho, Jorginho and Griezmann. Now that would be improvement.

Look at the players that City have bought recently. All I repeat, all, have been young players. I think the oldest has been Laporte so why would we be in the market for some of the players mentioned above?

Look at the players that City have bought recently. All I repeat, all, have been young players. I think the oldest has been Laporte so why would we be in the market for some of the players mentioned above?

What about this old codger?

Kyle-Walker-Football365-700x363.jpg

Summer 2012
Key interview word: 'strengthen'
Jack Rodwell
Richard Wright
Scott Sinclair
Maicon
Natija Nastasic
Javi Garcia

Summer 2014
Key interview word: 'strengthen'
Bacary Sagna
Fernando
Willy Caballero
Bruno Zucilini
Eliaquim Mangala
Frank Lampard
Wilfried Bony

Summer 2016
Key interview word: 'improve'

Listened to a few of the interviews again and sense he's already learned his lesson. The transfer dealings of the last windows 4 (?) windows now look like a coherent, long-term plan, rather than the ad hoc response to events of previous times, and that bodes well for us. Heaven help the rest, though.

Interesting read when you look back. All additions were very much bulking up the squad rather than being an upgrade on what we already had, although we had high hopes for Mangala and Nastasic. Really hope we get our business done early or at least before the end of July.

Interesting read when you look back. All additions were very much bulking up the squad rather than being an upgrade on what we already had, although we had high hopes for Mangala and Nastasic. Really hope we get our business done early or at least before the end of July.

Bulking up was a well-chosen description for some of the players that were brought in during those windows, in more ways than one. :-0

In the past, he's made much play in his interviews about 'moving swiftly' and ' moving efficiently' to seal our targets early in the window, and he was presented with the opportunity again to reiterate those expressions. He avoided using those this time and instead focussed on the identifying having been done in January, suggesting to me that maybe they're already over the line. :-)

I'll narrow it down further and suggest it will be Jorginho and one of Mahrez or Hazard.

Great interview.This club is so well run,we are in the best hands,as is evidenced by our on and off field activity.

It keeps getting said,and i won't apologise for doing so again.....but we are so,so lucky :-))

I think you're right on Jorginho. I actually think Pep would prefer Weigl or Fred, but it looks like Jorginho is most likely at this stage.

On the winger / forward, I've got a sneaking suspicion we're going to go for Zaha. I've heard Pep compliment him a few times, most recently in his MNF special. I personally think he's a big risk, raw talent for sure, but not sure if he's capable of the same end product as Sané and Sterling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.