Chairman's Interview 2018 - part 2 page 11

From memory it usually gets released over 2/3 nights so I am expecting part 2 this evening.

Part 2 last year contained questions about the feasibility of domestic/European success in the same season, the role of the academy in producing first-team players, financial stability, farewell to players (Zabaleta), and the connection between the club and the wider community.

Some of those points were touched upon in part one, this year, but I'd like to hear more about his vision of the loan system/ties with other clubs and what is anticipated in terms of player development.

Add Kompany too. I don't think in the history of football we have seen this level of class and intellect from the owner down to club captain and how aligned they all seem to be.

I say this, partly in jest, but that's evidence of our holistic approach. I expect this to continue with our next club captain being similar in attitude and behaviour. In many respects, we are the antithesis of the typical British club.

I wonder if he'll mention the sensitive subject of what the club are doing with relation to past failures in securing the safety of kids? It'd be brave and imo appropriate but it could blow up spectacularly if he said one word wrong.

Only a two-parter this year, has been 3 in the past. Maybe the smaller portion size is as a result of the recently introduced sugar tax?

I found him more relaxed, less obviously self-monitoring than in past years’ interviews. He let his enthusiasm run away with him on a few occasions in this one. I was charmed by that. I’ve always found him pretty formidable, a man you’d respect, one that wouldn’t suffer fools gladly. Maybe a bit too controlled? There was something else this year, a sort of laddishness about him. Again, the Pep effect does its stuff.

I say this, partly in jest, but that's evidence of our holistic approach. I expect this to continue with our next club captain being similar in attitude and behaviour. In many respects, we are the antithesis of the typical British club.
You and ‘kippaxblue’ both touch on THE most important aspect of the past 10 years for us..the Sheik’s investment has been central to our development and success but money alone isn’t enough to dine at the top table.. the intelligent, mature management at all levels of the club has been absolutely essential to that success too.. and given the quality of our top players and their intelligence too, can you imagine future programmes such as MOTD etc as our ‘former’ players are recruited as pundits? No more ‘I fink..’ or ‘The big lad done well..’, with a bit of luck..!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.