Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be a great acquisition if we can agree a fee and will be another quality attacking option. I am slightly concerned about his personality after how he reacted last time we tried to buy him but I trust that Pep knows what he is doing. Let's get all our transfer business done early and enjoy the summer!

Should be a great acquisition if we can agree a fee and will be another quality attacking option. I am slightly concerned about his personality after how he reacted last time we tried to buy him but I trust that Pep knows what he is doing. Let's get all our transfer business done early and enjoy the summer!
The guy did everything to get a move, which was applauded on here by most. He then saw out the season. I don’t see an issue.

The guy did everything to get a move, which was applauded on here by most. He then saw out the season. I don’t see an issue.
Yes - I think you are probably right. Hopefully he will integrate well with the squad. We have such a fantastic team spirit just don't want anything to mess it up!

People are allowed to think Mahrez is better than Hazard and people are allowed to think the opposite. I don’t get why we have to be dicks about it. Mahrez is quality. Hazard is quality. We’re buying Mahrez - that’s good. We didn’t buy Hazard - that would also have been good. That’s it really.

Very few players make me fear them when we go toe-to-toe. Mahrez is one of them. His goal vs us when they won the league was top quality.

Hope we tie this up. He could really step it up with us.

People are allowed to think Mahrez is better than Hazard and people are allowed to think the opposite. I don’t get why we have to be dicks about it. Mahrez is quality. Hazard is quality. We’re buying Mahrez - that’s good. We didn’t buy Hazard - that would also have been good. That’s it really.
2aiio82.gif

Amen!

Mahrez will do a job for us! He might not be as big a name as Hazard would have been - but the stats say Mahrez is doing a better job in a not-so-good team!

Our recent history has shown that if you are decisive and buy great players early in the window it tends to work out well.

Mahrez is easily on a par with our other attacking options, he might not be as technically gifted as Hazzard, but he has a combination of skill and pace that would make our attacking group a stronger group. He adds something a little different and he has proven it in the PL every year. This transfer has so much going for it, not just that he is available. If he went to any of our rivals he would be first team regular and make any of them better teams, I’m surprised we are the only ones in for him.

100 convinced that Pep will turn him into a world class superstar.
He'll do that himself if he's given the platform to do so, just like Kante did at Chelsea. Made me laugh when people started suggesting that Kante was now a "better player" under Conte after just a couple of months. He was doing exactly what he was going for us, just not playing in a team living off scraps with 35% possession every game.

I'm absolutely convinced that barring an injury, I'll be hearing the same stuff about Mahrez when he's ripping it up next season for you.

Would Pep be able to play Mahrez, Sane, Bernardo and Sterling all in the same team?

Perhaps we will not play with a traditional centre forward in quite a few games next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.