Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably it’s going to be just over £100m up front for the two, which could rise to around £125m if certain conditions in their contracts are met.

Whilst it does seem ludicrous to say/write, I think those are reasonable fees in today’s inflated market. I suspect it would be closer to £200m for Hazard and Fred.

I wonder if he'll immediately become the penalty taker.

He's scored 9/10 and the one he missed he put in on the rebound. None of our players are really great penalty takers, but do people ever arrive and get given penalty duties overnight?

Sergio takes our pens

He does, most of the time. Since Pep arrived -

Aguero has scored 11/15 (73%)
Yaya has scored 3/3
Jesus has scored 1/3
Sterling has scored 1/1
Gundogan has scored 1/1
De Bruyne has scored 0/1

So Aguero does take most of them, but his record is below the worldwide average of 75%, and the Premier League record of 83%. Not great, especially as a team competing for the biggest trophies in the game should be above average.

There's a reason Yaya took them ahead of Sergio when he was starting, and if Jorginho's playing and has a 90% success rate, he'll probably get the nod sooner or later. Someone as big on the details as Pep isn't going to miss that.

To be honest, it's not ideal having either Jorginho or Aguero as the penalty taker because ideally it'd be someone who is playing almost every game, and you'd expect both of them to be rotating a lot. Unfortunately KDB doesn't seem to fancy them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.