City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attended a supporters club meeting last night in Alkrington attended by representatives of the club who did a Q&A and there were some very interesting bits the came up:

1. The club will be redeveloping the North Stand and are looking at the prospect of redeveloping it as a single tier stand!!
2. There are plans for a new larger superstore although this will still be a standalone rather than incorporated into the new stand.
3. City Square to relocated as part of the redevelopment, will be made larger, with more food and drink concessions, and be partially covered.
4. Smaller fanzones around the south end of the ground.
5. multi storey car parks to take up the slack when land around the collar site is redeveloped.
6. The lights on top of the spikes are very expensive to replace - damage caused by birds!
7. Collar site to feature varied retail and food outlets alongside University buildings. Development of these are to be such as not to effect the imposing nature of the stadium.

The club will continue to do things not seen at other grounds and work for some of the up and coming developments could begin in the next 18 months subject to the relevant approvals/consultations..
Wow, great stuff, cheers fella

Get me the biggest cherry picker going and I’ll do it for a few grand! Can’t see why it’s so expensive, they’re only lights. Must be a drop in th ocean to what the club turnover.

Just light the spikes up from the ground with lasers that will go way into the night sky.

For all the shit I get on this forum. I am taking the credit for being the first to Say the club wanting to do a single tier stand, saying the shop will move and a new city square and also the birds fuck the cables up.

Appears I was right! My source is good.

Watching City across Europe has really opened my eyes about how shit our infrastructure is. An equivalent train journey in Germany of Manchester to London takes about one hour. Politicians have ignored public transport for the last 35 years and have allowed our roads to crumble. Its killing the economy outside London.
Politicians don't give a shit because most of them get expenses for most of their journeys and always travel First Class on the taxpayer. The average train speed in the UK is 60 mph. The latest fastest train in Japan can go more than 300mph! We are a joke.
Politicians are only interested in the next 4 years and getting re-elected, they dont care about infrastructure projects that will benefit the public in 10 years cos by then they will have lined their pockets and retired on a fat pension.
if you travel to Asian countries like Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan they are miles ahead of the UK in terms of public transport, they can move thousands of people from one side of the city to the other in a matter of minutes.........here in Oz (like the UK) we have people in cars ie gridlock.

For all the shit I get on this forum. I am taking the credit for being the first to Say the club wanting to do a single tier stand, saying the shop will move and a new city square and also the birds fuck the cables up.

Appears I was right! My source is good.
Yep!

Oh well.

Best get the camera ready at some point.

it's going to take years to construct the proposals on Etihad Campus, Collar site, and the NS expansion. :-)

Can't wait to see what's planned, and how it's going to be phased.

It's interesting that the proposed University Sports Science building/s are going on the Collar site rather than on their own part of the Etihad Campus. Like many I always thought the Collar site would be for the entertainment complex only. If the University building/s and entertainment complex are both on the Collar site, what is going to go on the much larger Etihad Campus that stretches around the stadium(bar the Collar site) to the back car parks?

Looking at this aerial picture of the Etihad Campus there are 7 plots.

IMG_3160.jpg

Plot's 1 and 2. Either side of the footbridge.(half of the Collar site)
Plot 3. The other half if the Collar site
Plot 4. To the right of Joe Mercer Way.
Plot 5. To the left of Joe Mercer way.(including the sports courts)
Plot 6. The right car park.
Plot 7. The left car park.

Going back to the Collar site and what gkmcfc posted. Guessing. I would assume the University building/s would be next to the footbridge, Alan Turing Way, and the CFA? While the entertainment complex would next to the far side of the East Stand, the North Stand, and City Square?

That aside. I can't wait for the Day the proposals are finally public, and the Rags all around the World thinking, what the f***! Is that Sheikh Mansour never going to get bored?

Last edited:
When they started building the tram lines they said it would go straight down the eastlancs road why haven’t they done that so many fans live on this side of the stadium.

Because they spunked a load of cash on a stupid, slow, outdated guided bus system.

Should buy a dozen Chinook Hellicopters and do a shuttle service on match days . pick up Piccidily gardens drop of at Mary Ds
That should do the trick

i have to take issue with jrb including japan as a country that would have built a 2 mile stretch of tram line in a year. ffs. a week at most in japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.