City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have to take issue with jrb including japan as a country that would have built a 2 mile stretch of tram line in a year. ffs. a week at most in japan.

True. :-)

The Japanses would have built the whole current Metrolink system in a year. ;-)

Does anyone remember the sink hole that appeared on the Mancunian Way? If I remember correctly it took the Council via contractors Weeks to repair it.

Something similar happened in Japan. It took them 48 hours to repair it. :-) And the officials bowed to each other when the work was finished. Bloody great the Japanese.

See video.

A 30-metre sinkhole on a busy street in the Japanese city of Fukuoka has been repaired astonishingly quickly. The sinkhole appeared on 8 November and caused power cuts, disrupted phone signals, and gas and water supplies. Officials reopened the road to traffic on Tuesday 15 November after health and safety checks.

Let's be honest. We're good at building thinks, but we take an age to do it.

Oh well.

Best get the camera ready at some point.

it's going to take years to construct the proposals on Etihad Campus, Collar site, and the NS expansion. :-)

Can't wait to see what's planned, and how it's going to be phased.

It's interesting that the proposed University Sports Science building/s are going on the Collar site rather than on their own part of the Etihad Campus. Like many I always thought the Collar site would be for the entertainment complex only. If the University building/s and entertainment complex are both on the Collar site, what is going to go on the much larger Etihad Campus that stretches around the stadium(bar the Collar site) to the back car parks?

Looking at this aerial picture of the Etihad Campus there are 7 plots.

IMG_3160.jpg

Plot's 1 and 2. Either side of the footbridge.(half of the Collar site)
Plot 3. The other half if the Collar site
Plot 4. To the right of Joe Mercer Way.
Plot 5. To the left of Joe Mercer way.(including the sports courts)
Plot 6. The right car park.
Plot 7. The left car park.

Going back to the Collar site and what gkmcfc posted. Guessing. I would assume the University building/s would be next to the footbridge, Alan Turing Way, and the CFA? While the entertainment complex would next to the far side of the East Stand, the North Stand, and City Square?

That aside. I can't wait for the Day the proposals are finally public, and the Rags all around the World thinking, what the f***! Is that Sheikh Mansour never going to get bored?
MbHxXtu.jpg

oktnro.png

Only going off these that I think you posted the link to originally, the education campus seems to be in plot 7 left carpark.

Oh well.

it's going to take years to construct the proposals on Etihad Campus, Collar site, and the NS expansion. :-)

It's interesting that the proposed University Sports Science building/s are going on the Collar site rather than on their own part of the Etihad Campus. Like many I always thought the Collar site would be for the entertainment complex only. If the University building/s and entertainment complex are both on the Collar site, what is going to go on the much larger Etihad Campus that stretches around the stadium(bar the Collar site) to the back car parks?

IMG_3160.jpg

Going back to the Collar site and what gkmcfc posted. Guessing. I would assume the University building/s would be next to the footbridge, Alan Turing Way, and the CFA? While the entertainment complex would next to the far side of the East Stand, the North Stand, and City Square?

That aside. I can't wait for the Day the proposals are finally public, and the Rags all around the World thinking, what the f***! Is that Sheikh Mansour never going to get bored?

For years I’ve read this thread but I’ve never actually known what the collar site is? Where is it located on that picture? Is it the land next to the east stand?

Oh well.

IMG_3160.jpg

Maybe having the Sports Scuence Centre and the University on the collar site reduces the risk of the development and increases its likelihood of the development going ahead.

I live in Leeds and there were housing / flats and shopping developments build near the Royal Armouries. Many of the shops have closed and the flats for sold turned into rentals. Part of the problem was poor transport links to this area of Leeds and a downturn in the economy. I can’t blame our owners for reducing the risk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.