GDPR Pop-up

As you’ll probably have noticed, this has been implemented now to include the Bluemoon logo just so you know it’s from us. It’s a legal requirement unfortunately in line with GDPR so you’ll need to click accept in order to continue using the site. I’m sure you’ll have seen similar on other sites you use, so hopefully it’s not a problem for anyone!

As you’ll probably have noticed, this has been implemented now to include the Bluemoon logo just so you know it’s from us. It’s a legal requirement unfortunately in line with GDPR so you’ll need to click accept in order to continue using the site. I’m sure you’ll have seen similar on other sites you use, so hopefully it’s not a problem for anyone!

How can you get back to the purposes options on the agreement? i noticed some on/off switches but can't find a way back to change them.

How can you get back to the purposes options on the agreement? i noticed some on/off switches but can't find a way back to change them.

That is a good question. I guess deleting your cookies would do it, but presume there must be an easier way! Will check and get back to you.

You might find you're in breach on a couple of points here. First, the 'no easy way to change the options' issue and second the fact that the option to turn things on/off is hidden behind a 'Show Purposes' screen.

It shall be as easy to withdraw as to give consent.
An automatic box pops up to allow you to give consent, but there is no visible means to withdraw consent.

When assessing whether consent is freely given, utmost account shall be taken of whether, inter alia, the performance of a contract, including the provision of a service, is conditional on consent to the processing of personal data that is not necessary for the performance of that contract.
The box gives an option to accept and a link 'Show Purposes', the name of which implies it will simply explain why you are to use the data. In actual fact it contains a list of boxes which appear to allow consent to be withdrawn on a purpose-by-purpose basis. The main screen appears to imply that complete acceptance is the only option, so I could see a clear argument that the initial screen leads people to consent to the use of data not necessary for the performance of the contract.

It also appears that some of your cookies continue tracking regardless of the options selected.

That is a good question. I guess deleting your cookies would do it, but presume there must be an easier way! Will check and get back to you.

Deleting cookies does work, but you have to go down the purposes turn each option off again route.

I notice there is a turn all purposes on option, but not an all purposes off button.

Happening all over the web at the mo for regular cookie deleters.

Boring

Deleting cookies does work, but you have to go down the purposes turn each option off again route.

I notice there is a turn all purposes on option, but not an all purposes off button.

Happening all over the web at the mo for regular cookie deleters.

Boring

I'd like a "turn all off" button as well. When you use something like ccleaner to get rid of your cookies etc this annoying thing pops up again, and you have to tick everything once more.

That popup returning every few days is an absolute nuisance and completely against the spirit of GDPR. I gave it my answer and I'd prefer it if that answer was respected, not questioned again every few days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.