The "I don't care about the World Cup" thread

It's not that I don't care about the WC, but I think this is one WC that I shall be watching less and less, the more it goes on. It's the cod poetry, the shite about 'histree being made', the endless cringeworthy adverts, and the incessant comments that link any game to either the Rags or the Dippers. It is beginning to take on 24ct shite proportions.

I flicked on yesterday and started to watch summat - no commentary, and I thought WTF is this, and then it dawned on me I was watching the goalkeepers warming up! We'll be seeing the turnstiles opening next! Way over the top! Oh for a channel that tunes in a minute before kick off and then fucks off a minute after the final whistle - although some of you bastards might head for the car on yer drive ten mins before the final whistle!

It's not that I don't care about the WC, but I think this is one WC that I shall be watching less and less, the more it goes on. It's the cod poetry, the shite about 'histree being made', the endless cringeworthy adverts, and the incessant comments that link any game to either the Rags or the Dippers. It is beginning to take on 24ct shite proportions.

I flicked on yesterday and started to watch summat - no commentary, and I thought WTF is this, and then it dawned on me I was watching the goalkeepers warming up! We'll be seeing the turnstiles opening next! Way over the top! Oh for a channel that tunes in a minute before kick off and then fucks off a minute after the final whistle - although some of you bastards might head for the car on yer drive ten mins before the final whistle!

As lame as the Fox commentary can be/has been here in the States, we have had precious few references to Utd or Liverpool, or history, or indeed much of any club football, except to mention where certain players play professionally once in a while. I figure that they figure Americans mostly won't know nor care. Refreshing.

As lame as the Fox commentary can be/has been here in the States, we have had precious few references to Utd or Liverpool, or history, or indeed much of any club football, except to mention where certain players play professionally once in a while. I figure that they figure Americans mostly won't know nor care. Refreshing.

It's the reason why an Arabic commentary is so refreshing!

It's the reason why an Arabic commentary is so refreshing!

I listened to a Sirius radio broadcast of Denmark/Peru with a Peruvian commentator whose English was not the strongest, whose accent was very strong and who was obviously not used to describing a match for radio as opposed to TV. But he was so into it. It was fantastic. All about enthusiasm, not the words.

Better than a summer with no football, but don't really care who wins, just enjoy watching world class players playing in different environments. FIFA is corrupt yes, but so is UEFA and there's some level of corruption in professional football everywhere.

Don't like the idea of expanding to 48 teams, theres already enough turgid matches between crap teams. But we all know it's about the money not the football. Like I said, in glad there's some football to watch on the telly during the summer.

Not too bothered who wins it, but like watching the games where the city players (and some ex players) are involved

The Spain v Portugal game the other day was the best game of international football I have seen for a long time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.