World Cup VAR

If I didn't have doubts on the decision before ...

im far from his biggest fan, but he's right in this instance, other refs have said similar also. As the laws stand today, it's a penalty.... The only pundit out of 12/13 I've heard talk about it who thinks it isn't a pen is Phil Neville. so you have a choice to side with Clattenburg or Phil... Appreciate that's a tuff choice either way lol

im far from his biggest fan, but he's right in this instance, other refs have said similar also. As the laws stand today, it's a penalty.... The only pundit out of 12/13 I've heard talk about it who thinks it isn't a pen is Phil Neville. so you have a choice to side with Clattenburg or Phil... Appreciate that's a tuff choice either way lol
I've got my opinion, it's influenced by what I see not others. I'm happy for others to have a different opinion. It's all good.

Was just a joke about Clattenburg that's all.

For me the Griezman decision isn't the one that troubles me about this form of VAR. It's the Argentina one where due to the technicalities of the rules it seems as though VAR wasn't used.

I've seen it happen a lot in the A League where VAR isn't used for particular incidents, including the grand final where the winning goal was scored from an offside position and wasn't reviewed (I think it was equipment failure)

While those loopholes exist I'm betting we're all going to be incredibly frustrated with VAR when it does come in.

correct. That is the one where it fell down. Human error, not the VAR technology issue itself. As others have said maybe there needs to be a challenge or two per game, where a team can demand a referral if they sense an injustice. They lose it if proven wrong in the referral, but if they are correct they get the right decision and keep the referral. Would stop what happened in the argentine game and I can see the merits of it....

I've got my opinion, it's influenced by what I see not others. I'm happy for others to have a different opinion. It's all good.

Was just a joke about Clattenburg that's all.

me too, but you also have to be influenced by what the actual laws are currently. and under them the Griezmann incident is a stone wall penalty.... clattenburg for all his faults explained the reasons it was given and whether you like the current law or not, that's not the point...

was aware it was a joke, hence the lol

the defender did get the slightest touch and I have no doubt there was no intention to foul griezmann, but that doesn't matter one bit and shows the issue there is you not understanding the laws fully. Intent doesnt come into it. Unfortunately for him and you, the defender then fouls griezmann who didn't just fall over, ffs. The Australian defender took his leg, its crystal clear on all the replays. If you can watch that reply and come to the conclusion Griezmann just fell over then thank god your not a ref. Back in the real world most can see its a clear foul and penalty, just like the Peru incident and VAR corrected an error which had been made.Clattenburg has explained why it's a pen according to the law and the spirit of the law.

VAR has not being implemented perfectly ill give you that, but it has corrected multiple incorrect decisions already. It's a vast improvement over the old system. The delays you talk of are seconds per match, a fraction of time taken for throw ins or subs and it has added to the drama. It's a no brainer to introduce it.

the subjective thing is also a red herring. Refs decisions are always subjective anyway. so no difference there, plenty of times under the old system refs have guessed at decisions. At least now we can review these calls, and in the vast majority of cases tell if it's a deliberate handball or not or a foul. there will still be some it wont clear up but will do so for 90% of decisions, quickly and correctly. Just don't get what's not to like

Back in the real world plenty of pundits, me included, thought that was not a penalty. Griezman would not have got that ball under control because the defender won it and Griezman could not wait to go down. That's my opinion v yours and even if you are right on this one there' s been loads of other penalties that have been given that half the population would say were or weren't a pen and the system got it wrong e.g. the ridiculous pen Italy got v England thanks to VAR. VAR is completely irrelevant and unnecessary except for offside and where incidents took place. The point I am making time and time again but people can't seem to grasp is that the subjective issue is not a red herring. It is crucial to the debate and is something that cannot be eradicated. Virtually every penalty decision given as a result of this VAR nonsense is not improving anything just causing delays and machines and a stupid system making the mistakes instead of the refs.

Back in the real world plenty of pundits, me included, thought that was not a penalty. Griezman would not have got that ball under control because the defender won it and Griezman could not wait to go down. That's my opinion v yours and even if you are right on this one there' s been loads of other penalties that have been given that half the population would say were or weren't a pen and the system got it wrong e.g. the ridiculous pen Italy got v England thanks to VAR. VAR is completely irrelevant and unnecessary except for offside and where incidents took place. The point I am making time and time again but people can't seem to grasp is that the subjective issue is not a red herring. It is crucial to the debate and is something that cannot be eradicated. Virtually every penalty decision given as a result of this VAR nonsense is not improving anything just causing delays and machines and a stupid system making the mistakes instead of the refs.

I've explained in previous posts why under the current laws it's a penalty. you don't want to take that on board, and that's your prerogative to do so!! the Australian clear as day impeeded him. Show me in the laws where it says Griezmann wouldn't get to the ball so it's not a foul. To save you the time, you won't be able too.

which pundits?? Shearer, jeans, Alex Scott, evra, drogba, lineker, wright, Keane, chapman, Dixon, clattenburg, chapman, Ferdinand and Gary Neville all Said clear pen. The only one who disagrees that I heard was Phil Neville. says it all

the Italy incident was a penalty. and var is not irrelevant. It's desperately needed. Have you not seen the state of the old system? It's has got multiple decisions correct already, in it's infancy. much fairer all round. It's not perfect yet of course in effect it's first proper outing, but it will get there

Another one not referred.

Personally would have allowed the goal but think the ref should have had a look.

I've explained in previous posts why under the current laws it's a penalty. you don't want to take that on board, and that's your prerogative to do so!! the Australian clear as day impeeded him. Show me in the laws where it says Griezmann wouldn't get to the ball so it's not a foul. To save you the time, you won't be able too.

which pundits?? Shearer, jeans, Alex Scott, evra, drogba, lineker, wright, Keane, chapman, Dixon, clattenburg, chapman, Ferdinand and Gary Neville all Said clear pen. The only one who disagrees that I heard was Phil Neville. says it all

the Italy incident was a penalty. and var is not irrelevant. It's desperately needed. Have you not seen the state of the old system? It's has got multiple decisions correct already, in it's infancy. much fairer all round. It's not perfect yet of course in effect it's first proper outing, but it will get there

Where was VAR for the Swiss equaliser or are we only having it when it suits certain incidents !? in my "opinion" that was a foul.Subjective again that can' t be subject to anything other than the ref.Just like all the pens we've seen !

Where was VAR for the Swiss equaliser or are we only having it when it suits certain incidents !? in my "opinion" that was a foul.Subjective again that can' t be subject to anything other than the ref.Just like all the pens we've seen !
Or that on Jesus?! Clear pen what a farce this system is !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.