World Cup VAR

In every game, there are a load of minor incidents go unpunished. There is a pen at pretty much every set piece. People said 'players will stop fouling' . Will they fuck.

Now, at any time, the v.a.r. can suggest to a ref he 'perhaps' should give a pen. Then not bother, in the next game. An honest ref might refuse. A bent one, can create a score or result at any time.& have previously normal people argue it's ok.

Purely because v.a.r. is 'better'.

VAR is only supposed to point out clear and obvious errors though, rather than “you might want to take another look”. Admittedly it hasn’t done that at all so far, but that’s been more down to the VAR team rather than the referee on the pitch.

The other thing I’d say is in the investigations I’ve read into match fixing, it’s very rarely the big decisions that are given incorrectly (as it’s too obvious). It’s more the 50/50 decisions that subsequently have a big impact on the control of play.

VAR is only supposed to point out clear and obvious errors though, rather than “you might want to take another look”. Admittedly it hasn’t done that at all so far, but that’s been more down to the VAR team rather than the referee on the pitch.

The other thing I’d say is in the investigations I’ve read into match fixing, it’s very rarely the big decisions that are given incorrectly (as it’s too obvious). It’s more the 50/50 decisions that subsequently have a big impact on the control of play.

They review whatever the fuck they want, whenever the fuck they want.

With v.a.r. any ludicrous decision can be given & a load of people will argue it's right. So they can give whatever they want.

We are seeing it on here, every day. Excuses being made for possible corruption or inconsistent incompetence rather than it being called out for what it is.

Yes but there would have been even more ludicrous decisions without VAR though? That’s the first one I can think of where I thought VAR was used and came to the wrong decision.

There’s been times when I thought it should have been used and wasn’t, not sure how that’s any different to if it wasn’t there at all.

The other thing is if you’re right, then the corruption is happening in the VAR room then, not on the pitch, given they have to refer it in the first place?

Yes but there would have been even more ludicrous decisions without VAR though? That’s the first one I can think of where I thought VAR was used and came to the wrong decision.

There’s been times when I thought it should have been used and wasn’t, not sure how that’s any different to if it wasn’t there at all.

The other thing is if you’re right, then the corruption is happening in the VAR room then, not on the pitch, given they have to refer it in the first place?

Because if it's not there, they can't 'prove' a ridiculous fucking decision is correct. They can't see half of the stuff they are giving. They can guess or be tipped off, & find a foul, at almost every penalty area incident. If it's too obvious, they can just let it go & try again later.

And if it was me who was fixing it, I'd have all of the refs & v.a.r. people in my pocket either by incitement or threat of death, before the tournament.

Tranny should've walked for the elbow...

Still don't get Shearer being so incensed about the penalty given its not like it was England playing ffs
Was he this pissed off when the penalty was given against Sterling when the ball was hit against his back playing Spurs?
Still doing there best to undermine VAR taking an age to come to a conclusion...
Maybe he had a few quid on it

The Ronaldo incident was just laughable, but the Iranians knew if they kept giving the ref questions, eventually he would naturally feel obliged to give a decision their way. VAR is just another way to influence the referee now.
Compulsory yellow card for asking for a VAR review, punish referees that don't enforce it. Problem solved. It's a form of dissent equivalent to waving an imaginary card after all.

A shit ref who's lost it will still make terrible decisions but you have to ask why that "handball" was even referred to him...?

But, another big issue is the time being added on for VAR decisions. I watched it back and it took 2.5 to 3.5 minutes. He stopped the throw in at 89:04 and gave the pen at 91:39. It was actually taken at 92:42. I don't know when the game officially starts again, whether it's from the decision being made or when the white blows but they need to sort it out. But 6 mins had already been added and then, after all that, only 1 more was actually added to that. Mind you, we'd be there all night when there's ****s like that in charge.

But as I said, if the ref is shit then the match is in trouble whatever happens with VAR.

FTR I thought it was a pen on Ronaldo and he was very lucky to not get a red for his challenge on the defender. He definitely threw his arm across him but he didn't really connect. On balance a yellow was probably he right call but it was a cop-out. Oh and the Spain goal was onside.

Who said VAR would take the controversy out of the game?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.