USA Commentators and WC 2018

Who fucking gives a shit?! Fucking Fox Sports USA FFS

NBC pisses all over Fox

...and not just in their soccer coverage!!!

American TV is ALL about hype. Thankfully, the Brits they have on TV for NBCSN tamp that down to the maximum extent possible, so you can actually listen and enjoy most of what they say. And, it’s always nice to have a woman anchor who knows her business when it comes to football!

Roll on August!

Aly Wagner calling Spurs "the Spurs" was a bit of a faux pas, and I'm not a big fan of the expression "on frame".
“On frame” gets me every time! Sadly, it’s how they were reared!

My biggest complaint about American soccer TV, especially this World Cup, is that the color commentators appear to think that their job is to talk anytime the commentator is not talking for more than 0.32 seconds!

I haven’t watched a single game yet, with the exception of the England game which had Rae and Wagner, with the volume turned up above almost white noise background to give a sense of the crowd. Most of us have forgotten more about football than anyone is going to impart in TV, so why bother listening?!

Last edited:
...and not just in their soccer coverage!!!

American TV is ALL about hype. Thankfully, the Brits they have on TV for NBCSN tamp that down to the maximum extent possible, so you can actually listen and enjoy most of what they say. And, it’s always nice to have a woman anchor who knows her business when it comes to football!

Roll on August!
Absolutely love Rebecca Lowe - best football anchor on TV.

In Calgary, watching TSN coverage of Craotia’s demolition of Argies. Pretty good. Have a Scot and a Brit (no idea who they are!) doing analysis. Been spot on!

In Calgary, watching TSN coverage of Craotia’s demolition of Argies. Pretty good. Have a Scot and a Brit (no idea who they are!) doing analysis. Been spot on!

The last time I looked, Scots were still Brits too.

There hasn’t been another referendum, which has led to Scottish independence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.