Alan Sugar

A little off topic but there is a clear pattern emerging from certain posters on this, the Brexit and Trump threads.

I won't call them names (this time) but their views are abhorrent to me and I suspect many others.
I find it interesting, the views of others, but generally most are fair minded. Some are on the wind-up, though.

In the end, it's a football forum. You shouldn't get too upset about it.

Don't see anything denigrating towards the African people. I see maybe a social comment about migration to Spain from the continent and instead of living off handouts are now eeeking a living selling tat to gullible British tourists
It is nothing like that. Those people are not migrants, and are not seeking a living in that way at all. They have fled countries that are fucked, Sierra Leone is one such place that they come from; it is a place ruined by years of civil war and brutality. They wither made their own way to the continent and are now out of ideas, or they paid what are no more than crime gangs to assist them in making the journey to the continent; often Eastern European, Turkish or Middle Eastern people traffickers. Once in Spain they are made to live in multi occupancy shitholes, scores of them living next to eachother and sleeping on the floor, and forced to go out and sell handbags and sunglasses to pay for their 'board and lodge' if you can call it that, and told it is to help repay the cost of helping them into the continent. Of course they will never ever be out of that servitude. Their wives and partners are made to prostitute themselves out by lurking around around bars in the early hours of the morning to entice drunk tourists with a blow job.
they are absolutely not seeking a living in the way you describe and you have fundamentally misunderstood what is happening here.
Alan Sugar is a **** for describing them as 'resourceful chaps' or whatever ridiculously ignorant term he used.
They are trapped in modern slavery. And that is why it is offensive and that is why it is racist.

It is nothing like that. Those people are not migrants, and are not seeking a living in that way at all. They have fled countries that are fucked, Sierra Leone is one such place that they come from; it is a place ruined by years of civil war and brutality. They wither made their own way to the continent and are now out of ideas, or they paid what are no more than crime gangs to assist them in making the journey to the continent; often Eastern European, Turkish or Middle Eastern people traffickers. Once in Spain they are made to live in multi occupancy shitholes, scores of them living next to eachother and sleeping on the floor, and forced to go out and sell handbags and sunglasses to pay for their 'board and lodge' if you can call it that, and told it is to help repay the cost of helping them into the continent. Of course they will never ever be out of that servitude. Their wives and partners are made to prostitute themselves out by lurking around around bars in the early hours of the morning to entice drunk tourists with a blow job.
they are absolutely not seeking a living in the way you describe and you have fundamentally misunderstood what is happening here.
Alan Sugar is a **** for describing them as 'resourceful chaps' or whatever ridiculously ignorant term he used.
They are trapped in modern slavery. And that is why it is offensive and that is why it is racist.

The people in the photo are footballers?

Yes and Sugar is a complete tool (generally) and for posting it.

he has given shit to corbyn about anti-Semitism in the labour party and then he casually posts crap like that .

I just don't get why people are on twitter and facebook and comment publicly about sh1t , you just leave yourself open to abuse (in this case rightly so)

It's racist. Sugar not realising it's racist is up for debate but it's definitely racist.

What?

I've intimated, somewhat lazily I agree, that 90% of people offended are white. Making 10% black, presumably?

My point was primarily that people find offence in things merely to complain about it on social media. The joke was perhaps ill-advised, coming from a white man, but if the same 'joke' had come from a black comedian, would anyone say anything?
It has come from a peer. And what black comedian would ever be so ignorant as to make a 'joke' about that? People are right to take offence at that, it is outrageous. Especially from someone who sits in the House of Lords

Thanks for that i had no idea.
i4qziu.jpg

They seem to be taking the long way to find a peaceful country.

Its a racist comment that he has attempted to make in humour. If you dont think its racist please show me a link to him making a joke about white players
Well, i could, if a white team had posed with a layout of sunglasses. WTF is that about? Its just a shit joke about the sunglasses, but he should have realized what the reaction would be and restrained himself. Suppose a black player missed a crucial penalty for England, would a pizza joke commercial be racist? Bandwaggoners inc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.