Alan Sugar

A different era . My best mate was mixed race ,people accepted the British self deprecating humour aimed at every group whites included as harmless. Now its eggshells everywhere but if you weren't there you wouldn't know.

I was there in the 1970s and the country was riven with racial tension and riots, the NF were big, gay people got battered in public, blacks couldn't get jobs and got brutalised by the police and Asians lived in fear on a daily basis.

All a good old bit of harmless fun for you, though, eh?

I was there in the 1970s and the country was riven with racial tension and riots, the NF were big, gay people got battered in public, blacks couldn't get jobs and got brutalised by the police and Asians lived in fear on a daily basis.

All a good old bit of harmless fun for you, though, eh?

Mate, it was great them days! 'NF' sprayed everywhere, open racist TV, happy strangers shouting 'nig nog' at you!

Ah, the memories...

Wait, so it's okay for 10% to be offended by it to not make it 'racist'...?

Is it a 'majority rules' kind of thing...??

What?

I've intimated, somewhat lazily I agree, that 90% of people offended are white. Making 10% black, presumably?

My point was primarily that people find offence in things merely to complain about it on social media. The joke was perhaps ill-advised, coming from a white man, but if the same 'joke' had come from a black comedian, would anyone say anything?

Mate, it was great them days! 'NF' sprayed everywhere, open racist TV, happy strangers shouting 'nig nog' at you!

Ah, the memories...

I know. If it wasn't for all these leftie liberal snowflakes spoiling things we could go back to the good old days of calling people Pakis and Puffs with impunity.

A little off topic but there is a clear pattern emerging from certain posters on this, the Brexit and Trump threads.

I won't call them names (this time) but their views are abhorrent to me and I suspect many others.

I've noticed this as well.

What?

I've intimated, somewhat lazily I agree, that 90% of people offended are white. Making 10% black, presumably?

My point was primarily that people find offence in things merely to complain about it on social media. The joke was perhaps ill-advised, coming from a white man, but if the same 'joke' had come from a black comedian, would anyone say anything?

Okay...

I can't remember a Black comedian even coming close to a 'joke' of that manner.

But, hey, I haven't seen every comedian's material.

A different era . My best mate was mixed race ,people accepted the British self deprecating humour aimed at every group whites included as harmless. Now its eggshells everywhere but if you weren't there you wouldn't know.
It's a fine line between good natured humour and bullying/racism/sexism/anyotherism. Your mate might have been happy with the 'banter', but I am 100% sure that a complete stranger being abused by another wouldn't have been too keen. Same as today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.